Dawn Princess Aust to NZ October temperature on board?

As first time cruisers we are unsure of the temperature on board Dawn Princess. Someone said it is quite chilly and we would need a light cardigan most of the time. Do we bring our swimming costumes or will it be too cold to swim on board in October?

I know NZ will not be tropical and it could be quite hot here in Sydney when we leave and return, but it would help to know what it's like on board.

Thanks!

As first time cruisers we are unsure of the temperature on board Dawn Princess. Someone said it is quite chilly and we would need a light cardigan most of the time. Do we bring our swimming costumes or will it be too cold to swim on board in October?

I know NZ will not be tropical and it could be quite hot here in Sydney when we leave and return, but it would help to know what it's like on board.

Thanks!

It will be cold and it would be far too cold for me to swim on a NZ cruise in October. Even in the middle of summer a NZ cruise can be cold. Keep in mind that on board you will be in air conditioning but it will still be a bit chilly most of the time. For nearly the whole cruise you will need a jacket to go on deck. Take warm clothes for the day in Fiordland and also for the ports in the south island (Dunedin & Akaroa?).

Thanks for this....I originally come from NZ and know it's never very warm but thought it might be ok in the swimming pool on board. Haven't checked whether or not it's an indoor or outdoor pool so I'd better become more familiar with the ship.

Thanks for this....I originally come from NZ and know it's never very warm but thought it might be ok in the swimming pool on board. Haven't checked whether or not it's an indoor or outdoor pool so I'd better become more familiar with the ship.

The pool isn't covered and I can assure you it will be cold (or very cold)!

there's no indoor pools but they do have the spas....i doubt very much you'll be going for a swim

The SUN class ships are air conditioned throughout to 78 degrees farenheit which is hot by Australian a/c standards where a/c is normally 72 deg farenheit.

The control dials in Staterooms marked Cooler - Warmer do not affect the temperature . Cooler increases the airflow and gives the impression it is slightly cooler. Warmer decreases the airflow and makes it stuffier .

The SUN class ships are air conditioned throughout to 78 degrees farenheit which is hot by Australian a/c standards where a/c is normally 72 deg farenheit.

The control dials in Staterooms marked Cooler - Warmer do not affect the temperature . Cooler increases the airflow and gives the impression it is slightly cooler. Warmer decreases the airflow and makes it stuffier .

When we were on the Dawn Princess a couple of months ago it was cool in both the Vista Lounge and the Princess theatre. A lot of people said they wouldn't go to movies or lectures in the Princess theatre because it was too cold. Some of the passengers were organising a petition about the cold air-conditioning.

I find the air conditioning on the Sun class ships varies from public area to public area . It is supposed to be 78 fareheit all over the ship but tends to be hotter and stuffier in buffet (too much glass) dining rooms, whereas Princess Theatre, Vista Lounge and other public areas can be much colder .

the ship is divided into 7 areas for a/c purposes . In April my Stateroom was in the mid 80's and only after 3 complaints did they close down the system and blow it out (essential maintenance) . After that the temperature was around 80 f still far too hot for most Aussies .

Archived