Carnival Cancels Future Cruise Cert. Will RCI be next?

uksimonusa

It's really no big deal...it's only the future cruise "certificates" they are cancelling...you can still book a future sailing on-board and get the OBC....would not be surprised in the least if Royal follows. I would think the cruise lines want actually 'bookings"....not just sell blank certificates.

I agree. I never saw the benefit in the FCC, anyway, since the deposit money was non-refundable. I always thought booking a cruise and changing to another one later on if we changed our minds was a better way to go. RCCL got their deposit money, and I got it back if I cancelled!

I agree. I never saw the benefit in the FCC, anyway, since the deposit money was non-refundable. I always thought booking a cruise and changing to another one later on if we changed our minds was a better way to go. RCCL got their deposit money, and I got it back if I cancelled!

And the loyalty ambassador gets the benefit of having booked your cruise to add to her/his quota. I was surprised to find out they get no credit for next cruise bookings.

Gina

I don't book on board all that much, but it seems to me that when I do, there are only so many spots available to sign up to a see a Loyalty Ambassador and that they are, in a way, "pushing" the purchase of a future cruise certificate since there are applications for these available at the sign-up area. To sell more actual cruises on board, they would need additional staff.

On a recent booking, I can't remember how the conversation went, but I was toldby a RCL Rep. that one can book a next cruise cert within 2 weeks from your most recent taken cruise.

Archived