Just had my Rudest Carnival Staff Member Ever!

stewpapa

Thank you so much for this post. Everyone previously missed my point in looking at the subject as PERSON. I got bashed for tryiing simple point out this peron lives , has feelings, is a human entitiy, but no, she is a CARNIVAL employee simply there to SERVE.

Don't you know, people who pay for a cruise are entitled to be treated like royalty....surrounded by their servants. This behavior is completely disrespectful and unacceptable. :) (In case people don't get it...I'm being sarcastic.)

I'm with you....some people just can't "get over" themselves. IMHO, betcha in their "daily life" most have menial occupations, and this is their chance to be treated "as if" they are "high society".

I'm surprised so many are saying they've never encountered a rude staff person on Carnival. I have. And every time, ironically enough, it's been the "Customer Service" staff and usually the manager of Customer Service.

I think most of the crew on board work hard to be polite, but there are always a few who are doing the "us" and "them" thing and are obvious for their dislike of the passenger. The snottiest ones I've encountered are at the pursers desk.

As for the dancer who was unfriendly & showed a bad attitude, reading the description I didn't get either what was so rude. Not to make excuses but she may have been exhausted from rehearsals & doing two shows the night before. Maybe she was eating because she was due in rehearsal right after she got off library duty. If that were the rudest worker I'd ever run into on a series of carnival cruises I'd say I were blessed.

Our(first) waiter in the MDR on the Destiny in Aug was rude.

He had a scowl and was not inviting at all, then he commented on my 12 year old (dancer) daughters weight and adding he would expect her to be able to pack in the food.(she ordered a salad only)

Then he commented on my wife, saying if my daughter didn't want a main course she should order what my wife wanted as she could clearly eat two portions.

Not sure if it was a language issue but it was not well received. We asked for a new waiter the next day and Roderick who was AWESOME -- but we're seated right beside the other guy's section who was even more scowly at us for the rest of the cruise.

We have had a poor waitstaff our last 2 cruises. Never a hello, never bringing requested items etc.. Plus, likely not their fault, but meals going on and on. Then the goofy singing/dancing ( again, not their fault). We basically by day 4 on our last cruise commited to buffet for all meals and plan to continue this meal plan.

It's not like the MDR food is drastically better and most of the time it is the same. Formal night meals are a bit nicer, but we never bring dress up clothes to attend those anyways. ( If I have to bring long pants....it's not a vacation for me) :)

Archived