Anyone golfing on Carnival?

razzinger

We are on the Freedom in January, and 2 husbands want to play golf in Jamaica, while us wives pamper ourselves at the buffet ( I meant the spa! ). Has anyone played in Jamaica, and do the husbands need to buy the Carnival excursion online in order to make sure they get to play? Any help would be appreciated!

Have you asked on your roll call yet?

Im sure he could golf on his own, but the excursion would be more fun to have others to play with ...imo

Thanks for your reply. I believe on our roll call he mentioned he wanted to play golf, but did not actually pose the question there. And our roll call is like maple syrup in Vermont in December, very slow! Was hoping that any Carnival cruiser might have some light to shed on what to expect, or have actually golfed somewhere and can help hubby and his friend make plans accordingly. They are afraid of not booking early, and being left out if there is a limited number allowed and they don't get in.

Thanks again!

Thanks for your reply. I believe on our roll call he mentioned he wanted to play golf, but did not actually pose the question there. And our roll call is like maple syrup in Vermont in December, very slow! Was hoping that any Carnival cruiser might have some light to shed on what to expect, or have actually golfed somewhere and can help hubby and his friend make plans accordingly. They are afraid of not booking early, and being left out if there is a limited number allowed and they don't get in.

Thanks again!

We'll be on the Freedom with you Jan 20th- DH golfed on our last cruise (Freeport I think), I'll ask him if he's interested this time - I know he doesn't want to bring him clubs with him, so I hope they have rentals. I'll get back to ya Razzinger. 128 days to go!!!

I have often considered doing this but then after I saw the price to play and the thought of lugging my clubs (I'm NOT using rentals) I just decided it wasn't worth it. Then again, I golf year around here in Fla! I'd like to hear about the experience if they decide to do it. Enjoy the cruise!

We'll be on the Freedom with you Jan 20th- DH golfed on our last cruise (Freeport I think), I'll ask him if he's interested this time - I know he doesn't want to bring him clubs with him, so I hope they have rentals. I'll get back to ya Razzinger. 128 days to go!!!

Thanks Lynda! Hubby and friend are planning on using the Carnival excursion, the price includes transportation, all golf fees, a caddy, and club rental. All they are bringing is a few balls, tees, and their golf shoes. Hubby played in Mazatlan thru Princess and hasd a good time. Our friend has played in St Thomas.

I have often considered doing this but then after I saw the price to play and the thought of lugging my clubs (I'm NOT using rentals) I just decided it wasn't worth it. Then again, I golf year around here in Fla! I'd like to hear about the experience if they decide to do it. Enjoy the cruise!

Thanks! They agree using rental clubs is not like playing your own, but they don't get to Jamaica very often! LOL They say the price ncludes everything including a caddy, so its not bad (so they say!) I'll make sure they post their experience once we get back!

My DH has golfed through the cruiseline in Bermuda, St. Thomas, the Bahamas and Alaska. We also golfed on our own when we were in Bermuda. That being said, if I were trying to arrange it anywhere by Bermuda (where the ship is in port for 3 days), I would go through the ship's excursion. Otherwise, you may find it hard to get what you want and figuring out the logistrics may be somewhat of a nightmare.

It's my vacation, if golf cost DH an extra $40-50 to do through the cruiseline, it's worth it not to have the hassle. Believe me, in the big scheme of things, the little extra you'll pay for the excursion is minor in comparison to paying for greens fees and club rental.

Archived