Future Cruise Certificates

do a search on these future cruise certs. My daughter bought one, not eligible with any other discount, so you end up paying MORE. Do search to see what people have written about their experiences. Pretty much a scam on RCCL's part ifyou ask me.

do a search on these future cruise certs. My daughter bought one, not eligible with any other discount, so you end up paying MORE. Do search to see what people have written about their experiences. Pretty much a scam on RCCL's part ifyou ask me.

Not true! We have a cruise booked for next summer...used a "next cruise" certificate, as well as a diamond balcony discount, without any problems.

Not in our case, my invoice clearly shows the 100 OBC for using a FC and my diamond balcony discount. But lots of folks do prefer to just book any cruise (that they dont intend to sail)and then transfer the reservation to the cruise they want later. That works too, but can only be used for that cabin. My FC certificate allowed me to book my kids cabin with 100 OBC too ( & thier diamond discount).

How do you figure you end up paying more? You have a reduced initial deposit (so less of your money in their pocket earlier) you get the OBC (which if you use the friends and family certs too those rooms--like my kids room--get OBC as well) and you CAN combine it with C&A discounts. How exactly do you figure you pay MORE? What other discounts are you getting that would save you more?

WOW that's amazing. Just try using that future cruise with a promowave special and you can't. That FC is considered already booked and cannot be used on the low fares. So you do better finding a promowave that is cheaper! Just try combining it with that and youcan't. Like I said, do a search on the board at how difficult it is to use the FC with a low special.

I also say, "not true".

Royal Caribbean has restricted most "double-dipping" in general, so this is not just limited to a Next Cruise Certificate.

But at least booking on board, or a next cruise certificate (they are treated the same way for this purpose), can be combined with EITHER a balcony discount OR a C & A coupon.

Otherwise, the balcony discount or coupon cannot be combined with anything.

Stockholder OBC cannot be combined with ANY other RC discount.

WOW sale benefits cannot be combined with any other RC discount.

RC VISA points are different and CAN be used with other things.

WOW that's amazing. Just try using that future cruise with a promowave special and you can't. That FC is considered already booked and cannot be used on the low fares. So you do better finding a promowave that is cheaper! Just try combining it with that and youcan't. Like I said, do a search on the board at how difficult it is to use the FC with a low special.

If you are referring to a Monday/Tuesday special, yes, that must be a new booking. But most people don't get those - and they apply to a very limited number of cruises.

Many benefits are a crap shoot. Will there be a C&A coupon on my cruise? Am I willing to wait until the last minute to see if a cruise I would like is on the Monday/Tuesday special list? Will my airfare have increased more than the savings on the Monday/Tuesday special?

Buying a Next Cruise Certificate allows a lot of flexibility. And if you live close enough to the port so that airfare is not a consideration, and can afford to wait for the specials on the Monday/Tuesday list, then you probably cruise enough that eventually that NextCruise cert. will come in handy.

:)

I guess for those who live close to ports and have open schedules that they can wait for these promo specials (like the Tuesday sales) then you;re right, it is cheaper to wait and not use the NCC. But if folks (like us) have to buy airfare to most ports and can't take off work on short notice, those specials are a 'rip off" or "tease" to us

So if I have this straight. I can use a FCC with a C&A discount? I used a C&A for our up coming cruise in October. I wonder if you can also use them with the family discount deals?

If a crown & anchor certificate comes out for a cruise you want to book then YES..you can use the coupon AND a Next Cruise certificate to book...you can't take any other discount such as a crown & anchor balcony discount if you are platinum or higher...BUT if a Sr discount, Residency Discount, Military or any other discount you might be eligible for shows up you CAN get that as well...

NextCruise onboard credit is also combinable with (at least some) group booking onboard credit.

As far as combinability of various benefits, I think I may have hit the jackpot on my next cruise. I've got all of these going for me:

• NextCruise OBC
  • Group booking OBC
  • Residency discount
  • Crown & Anchor Savings Certificate

Archived