Arizona Memorial

top kick

Does anyone know how far it is from the Princess cruise dock to the Arizona Memorial? We are trying to figure out if it would be better to take the ship tour or get a cab, there will be 4 of us if that will help lead us in the right direction.

Thanks

I know alot of people opt for the DIY with a cab, but we preferred a ships tour. The memorial can be a zoo, and we just didn't want the hassle.

It isn't all that close, and I don't know the taxi cost, but I'm guessing it's cheaper than the tour for 4 people.

If you decide on the AM tour, you will be one of the first groups allowed off the ship. It has been redone since we were there, and I heard it's really nice.

Either way, you will enjoy it, but get there early, get a locker to store your things. They are very strict about what you are allowed to take inside.

Pat

With 4of you I would recommend a cab. Shouldn't be more than $25-$30 which would be much less expensive than a tour for 4 of you. Also reserve your tickets for USS Arizona in advance on www,nps.gov You just need to pick up your tickets 1 hour in advance. After arriving at PH you can also then get tickets to go to Missouri, Bowfin, or Pacific Aviation Museum. After your visit you can take TheBus back to Aloha Tower for $2.50/pp or $1.00 with a Medicare card.

ENJOY and feel free to ask more questions.

The National Park Service has done an absolutely magnificent job at Pearl Harbor. I was there in 1977 and again this April and the difference in how the Memorial is presented is as different as night and day.

One could spend the entire day at the complex.

I would recommend doing it on your own, if Pearl Harbor is the only thing one wants to see during your day in Honolulu. Otherwise, there is a Military VIP Tour offered by a private company that was a HAL Shore Excursion, but could be booked on one's own, that was exceptional in value, quality of the guide, and interest. Only downside, we only had 95 minutes at the Memorial.

Archived