Flight out of San Juan

Roos7500

I am planning a cruise on the Carnival Valor for the first week in April 2013. Would I be ok making a 10:50 flight out on a Sunday morning, or would you recommend paying the extra $100 pp and leaving two hours later? This would be my first trip to San Juan.

I would definitely take the later flight.

Yes, if all the stars line up perfectly, you could make the earlier flight but who needs that stress at the end of your vacation.

I am sure there are those who will say take the early flight and save the money but it is risky. IMO

I would definitely take the 10:50 flight. I've flown out of San Juan numerous times and have never had a problem getting through the airport despite all the horror stories I've read. On my last trip, in April, we were sitting at our departure gate at 9 a.m. The key is to do self-debark on the ship and leave as soon as they let you and go straight to the airport. The earlier you get there, the less lines you will encounter. Print your baording passes on the ship the day before so you don't have to do that at the airport. If you have a later flight and get to the airport later, you will have long lines.

For me, I wouldn't spend an extra $100 to sit around the airport.

Cabs are super easy and quick, both coming and going. You just walk out of the airport or off the ship and to the dispatcher that will give you a ticket with the set price on it and into a cab. It takes seconds, not minutes. Once you are in the cab, it is about a 15 minute ride to and from the Pan Am pier.

No need to book in advance- you will have no problem. Cabs are always lined up and waiting- they really have transportation down pat in San Juan.

Thanks for the info about taxisMDSue . Now nothing can go wrong, and pigs can fly.

Don't jinx yourself:eek: I've had great luck flying out of San Juan for the most part- except the last time when I was sitting at the departure gate at 9 a.m. for a 1 p.m departure. We got as far as taxiing down the runway when the plane developed engine problems and we ended up getting delayed till the next day :(

Archived