Med port info required please.

paul.ed

Good Morning/Afternoon

Has anyone have information on the following ports. Regarding, how close does the ship dock into port, for making your own way into the city. Rather than paying RCCL to take the shuttle, could you walk for example, are you allowed to walk? Or do you need to catch a taxi?

Gibraltar

Toulon

Livorno

Ajaccio

Cadiz

Lisbon

Vigo

Thank you

Paul

Gibraltar - about a 10-15 minute walk to the shopping area

Ajaccio - there was a market right opposite the terminal, not sure what else there is, didnt venture any further

Cadiz - 5 minute walk to the shopping area

Vigo - there's a shopping centre right where you dock, the town is behind that

Hello

Thank you for the replies so far, keep them coming. Really helpful to my planning.

Regarding Shuttles at Toulon & Livorno posted by trojan3000, are these RCCL or local free shuttles?

Thanks again

Paul

Stay in Toulon, lots of stuff to do and see. We took a long bus ride/tour to

St-Tropez and it is long ride from Toulon, while nice, and one of the best pizzas we have ever eaten, Bolognese pizza, some where in town. Not a mistake, but If you are temped to go there, Unless you have to go there, (bucket list), don't.

Hello

Thank you for the replies so far, keep them coming. Really helpful to my planning.

Regarding Shuttles at Toulon & Livorno posted by trojan3000, are these RCCL or local free shuttles?

Thanks again

Paul

The one I took was RCCL. Dropped us at a car park in town. Don't know if , there is a local one free or otherwise though had there been a free one would have taken it had I known about it :)

Ajaccio - As well as the market there is a lovely beach although small to the left of the dock about 5-10 minutes walk, we came upon this after visiting the market and some shops. It was so lovely we could not resist having a swim.

Livorno- The shuttle is provided by the port and takes you to a square in Livorno, you can then take a bus to PISA or we took the local bus to the train station and took the train. I think the charge was 5 Euros per person.

Vigo is the most convienent place ever. Just walk off the ship and you're there. Look out for the man with the violin. You tube for those who don't know. It is the cruise directors Joff Eaton little joke. There is a man right as soon as you come off the ship and he plays the same song over and over and over. Joff is trying to get home to be an Internet sensation :D

Vigo is the most convienent place ever. Just walk off the ship and you're there. Look out for the man with the violin. You tube for those who don't know. It is the cruise directors Joff Eaton little joke. There is a man right as soon as you come off the ship and he plays the same song over and over and over. Joff is trying to get home to be an Internet sensation :D

I swear the Vigo Violinist was playing something different the last time, I got quite disorientated lol, but then I waited and he went back to his usual song :D.

Archived