Laem Chabang to/from Bangkok

suncityga

My wife and I are on Voyager of the Seas next March and we have an overnight in Laem Chabang. Have read that staying overnight in BKK may be a good option to maximize the BKK sightseeing options due to two and half hour drive between Laem Chabang and BKK.

What would you recommend as a reliable transportation option? We may have 'BKK On Your Own' option with Voyager at $45 USD per PP for transportation to/from Laem Chabang to the Central World Plaza... I am assuming it would be OK to take their motor coach up to BKK one day and return to Laem Chabang the next day day... is that correct?

Or should we try to find some other local option? We are also thinking of hiring a local tour company to do some of the sightseeing in BKK... do they normally offer 'reliable' transportation service to/from Laem Chabang?

We would appreciate hearing your thoughts and suggestions.

Thank you :)

I would figure out what hotel you want to stay with and with the help of the hotel have them find you a private vehicle.

When you return to the ship give yourselves a lot of time. The drive is about 90 minutes but could be much longer depending on where you are returning from downtown and what the traffic is like.

Keith

My wife and I are on Voyager of the Seas next March and we have an overnight in Laem Chabang. Have read that staying overnight in BKK may be a good option to maximize the BKK sightseeing options due to two and half hour drive between Laem Chabang and BKK.

What would you recommend as a reliable transportation option? We may have 'BKK On Your Own' option with Voyager at $45 USD per PP for transportation to/from Laem Chabang to the Central World Plaza... I am assuming it would be OK to take their motor coach up to BKK one day and return to Laem Chabang the next day day... is that correct?

Or should we try to find some other local option? We are also thinking of hiring a local tour company to do some of the sightseeing in BKK... do they normally offer 'reliable' transportation service to/from Laem Chabang?

Very very vaguely a private two-way transfer for two (outbound pre-booked over the 'net at around 2500 baht, return booked by hotel at about 1800 baht) is about the same cost as ship's transfers at $45 pp.

Ship's transfers is simpler to book, but you're stuck with their place & time - and its possible they may not offer out one day, back next day.

Choice of transfer or tour is subjective, but BKK is easy & fun to get around independently by ferry, tuk-tuk, skytrain, shanks's. Especially since time is not such a constraint when overniting.

As Keith's post, transfer time is around 90 mins, but significant traffic delays in & close to BKK are quite common, so give yourselves 2.5hrs for the return.

No personal experience of tour companies, but tourism is very well-established, pre-booked private tours/transfers from cruise ships at L/C are common, & a well-recommended company is almost certain to be reliable.

As another current thread, don't rely on just picking up a taxi at the port because they're a rip-off.

Amazing city, well worth overniting.

JB :)

We have booked with Wandee of Wandee tours. Our package includes pick up at the airport and transfer to hotel,3 full days of touring with our own car and driver and English speaking guide including Bridge over the River Kwai, the ancient capital , the Rose Garden and the elephant camp as well as city and temples. On the day of embarkation the car and the guide will show us some last minute sights and deliver us to the lovely Diamond Princess at 1:00PM. The cost is less than $1,000 each for 3 persons for the entire package. Hotels and most food will be on our own but we do have 2 cultural dinners included. On Wandee's page you can see the "seat on" tours offered which also serve as a good guide to what you might want on a private tour. Wandee has been excellent in working with us. I will try to review her services after we get back in Nov.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you.... look forward to your review.

Have a great cruise ! ! !

Don't know if this is allowed here goes thaitourguide Chob will answer and offer a solution . We used them in 2011 . Picked up at the port LC early as we wanted to do the full day tour Golden Palace Reclining Buddha Canal tour Flower & veg market. Picked us up did the tour and by late afternoon had seen enough for one day cut the tour short and were transported to our hotel. Next morning at 9 were picked up driven back to ship. Excellent service all round booking and the guide plus driver, have recommended them on two occasions and been thanked for the tip. By the way got there details off this board back in 2011 the thread may still be available just don't remember under which title. Need more info glad to help

Don't know if this is allowed here goes thaitourguide Chob will answer and offer a solution . We used them in 2011 . Picked up at the port LC early as we wanted to do the full day tour Golden Palace Reclining Buddha Canal tour Flower & veg market. Picked us up did the tour and by late afternoon had seen enough for one day cut the tour short and were transported to our hotel. Next morning at 9 were picked up driven back to ship. Excellent service all round booking and the guide plus driver, have recommended them on two occasions and been thanked for the tip. By the way got there details off this board back in 2011 the thread may still be available just don't remember under which title. Need more info glad to help

Thank you for the information... we will check it out.

Archived