New to Princess Cruises - Island Princess

welshgirl58

We are sailing Xmas 2013 to Panama Canal We are 3 adults staying in a suite. Are the alcoholic drinks in the fridge only complimentary on the 1st night or throughout the cruise? Also any feedback on suites and ports of call would be appreciated. Thanks.;)

Suites get one intial setup free. After that you pay for anything else.

As a suite passenger, you will get one included mini -bar setup. This will be 8 mini bottles and 12 bottles cans of soda, water, and beer. You can swap them if you prefer a different combination than you get. For instance, my wife and I swap the mini bottles for Dewars Scotch and the other stuff for sprite zero. So we end up with 8 Dewars and 12 Sprite Zero.

We are sailing Xmas 2013 to Panama Canal We are 3 adults staying in a suite. Are the alcoholic drinks in the fridge only complimentary on the 1st night or throughout the cruise? Also any feedback on suites and ports of call would be appreciated. Thanks.;)

You can always order more through room service if you need to. http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp You'll find lots of interesting information on the FAQ section of the Princess website.

On your "My Princess" page you can read over the tours and sign up if you wish. Be sure to link your accounts so that all three of you are assigned to the same tour if you do a ship's tour. Also, go to the Roll Call and join your ship mates. You might find some great private excursions to participate in.

Have fun! We're going too, but have to wait until March! :(

• 6 months later...

Hi welshgirl Dave here from Harrogate UK. Just come back last week from first cruise through the Panama Canal on Island Princess. If you would like some info let me have a email address and I will bombard you with it.

Dave

Hi welshgirl Dave here from Harrogate UK. Just come back last week from first cruise through the Panama Canal on Island Princess. If you would like some info let me have a email address and I will bombard you with it.

Dave

Hi Dave, I am not welshgirl, but we are doing the partial transit on the Island Princess on April 15,2013 and would love any info you can provide. My email address is panamacanal41513@yahoo.com.

It will me my husband and me in a mini suite celebrating our 25th anniversary.

How early can we board? We would like to sign up for the ultimate ship tour and balcony dining. We have anytime dining. Can you comment on wait times?

Thank you in advance!

• 1 month later...

Dave

Hi Dave - can you please email me at wendyricketts1@sky.com with any info that you can bombard me with!:) Thanks.

In Aruba, my husband and I hired Bully to be our personal tour guide/taxi driver. He could take up to five people in his van for $45 an hour, not per person. We went to Arikok National Park, stopping to hike a little, take pictures, check out the caves and go to the visitors center. I love donkeys, so we went to the Donkey Sanctuary and spent some time visiting with the baby donkey and feeding carrots to the rest. We also stopped at Ayo rocks and the baby bridge. Bully was great and we got to see everything we wanted to. For beach lovers, there are several cabs waiting to take people to nearby beaches.

In Colombia, we opted for a Princess excursion titled "Highlights of Cartagena, Fortress and Las Bovedas". We were on a tour bus with 12 other people. We went inside the fort, then stopped at Las Bovedas for a short shopping trip. We walked around the walled city, going into San Padro Claver Cathedral and the Inquisition Palace. We then drove back into the city, with a stop at a mall. We walked to a nearby beach instead of shopping just to look and walk in the sand for awhile.

To get off the ship in Panama, you have to take a Princess excursion. We chose the full day trip to an Embera Indian village which included a bus ride and a canoe ride into Chagres National Forest. This was an amazing experience and it was wonderful to meet the Embera people and see their village.

In Costa Rica, we organized a trip with others on Cruise Critic to go with Oscar Brown Tours. We went to the Jaguar Rescue Center where we saw monkeys, toucans, sloths and an ocelot. I loved it there! We also stopped at a banana plantation, took a boat ride on the canal and had lunch on Playa Bonita (beautiful beach).

In Jamaica, we arranged a day at an all inclusive resort with Jamaica for a day dot com. They picked us up and dropped us off right by the ship. We spent the day laying on the beach, drinking, eating and even took a catamaran out.

I'd be happy to answer any questions and provide details and pictures. It was a great trip!

Dave

Hi Dave

We will be on the Island in October. Any tips would be appreciated.

wchrisjan@hotmail.co.uk

Archived