Who are the CD on Allure and Oasis

lilkrz

I'm looking to cruise on either the Allure or Oasis but want to cruise with CD Ken Rush. Does anyone know what ship he is on? Is there a schedule posted anywhere of what CD's are on what ships I could check out. I'm looking to sail in April 2013.

I'm looking to cruise on either the Allure or Oasis but want to cruise with CD Ken Rush. Does anyone know what ship he is on? Is there a schedule posted anywhere of what CD's are on what ships I could check out. I'm looking to sail in April 2013.

ken Rush is currently on the Allure.

DonnaK keeps an up-to-date list here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1590430

Thank you DonnaK!!!

You're welcome!!!

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks started Sept 2 until Nov 4. Ken Rush expects to return after his break on Nov 4. Jimmy Rhodes expects to join the ship as CD sometime in February

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert started 6/9 until 10/6, then Ricky Matthews 10/6 until 12/1

We have no further info beyond these dates

Just curious,do you really choose a cruise by who the CD is?:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

When you're deciding on a cruise and can choose whatever ship you want to take knowing who the CD could make a difference in which ship you select. Some CD's are defiently better then others. Once you have favoriates you do tend to look for them.

When you're deciding on a cruise and can choose whatever ship you want to take knowing who the CD could make a difference in which ship you select. Some CD's are defiently better then others. Once you have favoriates you do tend to look for them.

What are they better at?? On Oasis class ships, I would think the entertainment is pretty much set.

It's strickly a personal preference of what you like about a CD that might entice you to sail with them again. I just sailed on the Disney Wonder thinking the CD on Disney must be a great entertainer. Well, all he did was announce the three shows then after told the guest what was happening on the ship that night. Didn't tell a joke, didn't inter-react with anyone nor did he do any of the game shows. I've cruised every cruise line but one and have never experienced a CD like him. Very boring person in my opinion. If you've sailed before you know how entertaining a CD can be.

Had Ken Rush on the Allure last year..many folks dislike him as a CD, I thought he was a blast! Hope to have him again some day.

+1 for Ken Rush. We love the guy. He helped me propose to my now wife on Oasis and attended our wedding this August on Allure.

There is a reason why he has been there for these years and on the newest class ships.

I am too a big fan of Ken Rush. Being a senior CD he could be sitting back and letting his assistance do the work but not Ken he is out there partying and hosting events more then any other CD I seen and I've taken over 30 cruises. My second CD on RCCL is Richard Spacey he can get a bit corny with his videos but he puts himself out there and entertains.

Looks like I'll be sailing with Jimmy Rhodes in March. I haven't heard much about him and only found one video of him on Youtube. Any feedback from those who have sailed with him?

I am in agreement with the opinion that a CD won't make or break the cruise, but a highly entertaining one can certainly ENHANCE your cruise experience.

You're welcome!!!

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks started Sept 2 until Nov 4. Ken Rush expects to return after his break on Nov 4. Jimmy Rhodes expects to join the ship as CD sometime in February

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert started 6/9 until 10/6, then Ricky Matthews 10/6 until 12/1

We have no further info beyond these dates

Does Amy Fickert come back to the Oasis when Ricky leaves, or is that an unknown? We are sailing the Oasis 12/8!

Archived