Live from the Poesia.

papcx

They called my name and told me a case was missing BEFORE the carousel started moving with bags!

Wow that's different! Normally you stand for ages with that sinking feeling, the more time passes without sight of your case.

Enjoyed reading your step by step review.

Hi all.

Now the holiday blues are easing I had a look through our receipts today.

Assuming we saved all the receipts, after adding them up and adding a 15% for service charge I think we made a saving of Euro 532.42.

I'm sure we probably mislaid some receipts so that's the min. saving.

My advise, get the drinks package. You will save money, we did and that was without even trying.

I mentioned earlier my computer rolled over a died while I was away, so I'm using an old laptop to convert some files ready for YouTube. I'll post links when they're ready.

Hi all.

My advise, get the drinks package. You will save money, we did and that was without even trying.

The paperwork I got from MSC shows that the Allegrissmo Drink Package is $67 per day in the Caribbean. I do not think that I will save anything. I was thinking of ordering bottles of wine at dinner to be held over to the next night to save money. I was trying to think what the minimum drinks I would get each day and do not think that I would even equal $67 per day.

I do not thinks that for me this package will work. I am thinking that the prices in the Caribbean is more than in the Mediterranean. I took into account going from euros to US dollar.

Any thoughts??

BTW, How much was bottled water and what size?

The paperwork I got from MSC shows that the Allegrissmo Drink Package is $67 per day in the Caribbean. I do not think that I will save anything. I was thinking of ordering bottles of wine at dinner to be held over to the next night to save money. I was trying to think what the minimum drinks I would get each day and do not think that I would even equal $67 per day.

I do not thinks that for me this package will work. I am thinking that the prices in the Caribbean is more than in the Mediterranean. I took into account going from euros to US dollar.

Any thoughts??

You are right a little too much money. We will skip it. Thanks for the info.

Any thoughts??

That is the equivalent of the Allegrissimo Premium package in the UK that costs £39 pp per day. I personally have never felt that package would be cost effective for me. I've still gotbto add up all my receipts but know thatbthey added up to around €30-40 each day. Havingbthe AI did change my normal behaviour a bit - instead of having the free juice I ordered fresh squeezed orange juice and had cappuccino of tea at breakfast (that added just over €5 per day)

litre of water was €2.30.

That is the equivalent of the Allegrissimo Premium package in the UK that costs £39 pp per day. I personally have never felt that package would be cost effective for me. I've still gotbto add up all my receipts but know thatbthey added up to around €30-40 each day. Havingbthe AI did change my normal behaviour a bit - instead of having the free juice I ordered fresh squeezed orange juice and had cappuccino of tea at breakfast (that added just over €5 per day)

litre of water was €2.30.

Thanks AMOMONDO. I do not think that the package will be good for me either. But I will look closer as this option does include gelato...Mmmmm. Maybe hubby and I will get it and get my son (who is in another cabin) the teen card and the soda drink vouchers. I believe these can be refilled and repurchased as needed on board.

Any thoughts??

Make sure that that is not the Allegrissimo Premium package. The $67 was the price for Premium package in Europe this summer.

The Allegrissiomo package was only 23EUR/$25.

Actually, I found the bar price list from both European and Carraibean cruises, and the bar prices in Carraibean are less than in Europe (i.e. one beer was 4.5EUR ($5.5) in Europe and only $3.5 in Carraibean).

Only premium all inclusive in the Caribbean this season. Also your sons must have the kids version of whatever package you buy. So you can't buy a package and I've him a teen card. If you sit own a work out what you might drink during the day and then add the service carge it soon adds up. Realistically you always drink more on holiday than you think you will.

Make sure that that is not the Allegrissimo Premium package. The $67 was the price for Premium package in Europe this summer.

The Allegrissiomo package was only 23EUR/$25.

Pity they are not offering the regular package in the Caribbean. I would gladly pay $25 per day even if it was only for beer, wine and water but no way I'd pay $67 per day......:eek: per person:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Only premium all inclusive in the Caribbean this season. Also your sons must have the kids version of whatever package you buy. So you can't buy a package and I've him a teen card. If you sit own a work out what you might drink during the day and then add the service carge it soon adds up. Realistically you always drink more on holiday than you think you will.

Sorry reread paperwork it is $57 per day adult and $28.50 per day for child.

I forgot about the service charge.

Only one Allegrissimo package but since my hubby is not a drinker, I would really be losing money. For a 10 day cruise, that is $570 per adult and $285.00 per child for a total of $1,425.

This is what the package entails:

MAIN RESTAURANTS AND SELF SERVICE BUFFET: All wines from selection "By the glass", mineral water, draft and bottled beer, soft drinks

MINI BARS: all items (except on MSC Melody, where mini-bars are not available)

CABINS: Mineral water

BARS: all drinks from bar list including premium brands

SPECIAL MENUS: All items from "Gelateria" menu, Chocolate bar and Pastry shop delights,

food from Room service menu

EXCLUDED ITEMS: cigars, cigarettes, bottles of wine, sparkling wine and champagne,

souvenir glasses and drinks served in souvenir glasses, all food consumption in restaurants on payment (Sushi bar, Chinese restaurant, Tex-Mex, Restaurant à la Carte, Sports bar).

Since I am not sure about prices, I cannot really tell if it would be worth it. I do have 5 port stops with excursions. I am thinking juice and coffee every morning, bottled water 2-3 times a day, 2 glasses of wine at dinner, coffee at dinner and maybe an evening cocktail. Gelato at least once a day..:). And this is for me. Hubby would be less. Son would be mostly ice tea, soda, water and of course gelato (largest size) every day.

Can anyone who has prices tell me if it would be worth it?

Hi Guys.

I'm slowly getting some of my theatre show videos online. I've a new computer on the way so hopefully I'll get done faster soon.

In the meantime heres the 1st one.

Its hip hoping ballerinas.

Enjoy.

Hi Guys.

I'm slowly getting some of my theatre show videos online. I've a new computer on the way so hopefully I'll get done faster soon.

In the meantime heres the 1st one.

Its hip hoping ballerinas.

Enjoy.

Too Funny!. Thank you. Thoroughly enjoyed the video. Cannot wait for the rest.

Sorry reread paperwork it is $57 per day adult and $28.50 per day for child.

I forgot about the service charge.

Only one Allegrissimo package but since my hubby is not a drinker, I would really be losing money. For a 10 day cruise, that is $570 per adult and $285.00 per child for a total of $1,425.

This is what the package entails:

MAIN RESTAURANTS AND SELF SERVICE BUFFET: All wines from selection "By the glass", mineral water, draft and bottled beer, soft drinks

MINI BARS: all items (except on MSC Melody, where mini-bars are not available)

CABINS: Mineral water

BARS: all drinks from bar list including premium brands

SPECIAL MENUS: All items from "Gelateria" menu, Chocolate bar and Pastry shop delights,

food from Room service menu

EXCLUDED ITEMS: cigars, cigarettes, bottles of wine, sparkling wine and champagne,

souvenir glasses and drinks served in souvenir glasses, all food consumption in restaurants on payment (Sushi bar, Chinese restaurant, Tex-Mex, Restaurant à la Carte, Sports bar).

Since I am not sure about prices, I cannot really tell if it would be worth it. I do have 5 port stops with excursions. I am thinking juice and coffee every morning, bottled water 2-3 times a day, 2 glasses of wine at dinner, coffee at dinner and maybe an evening cocktail. Gelato at least once a day..:). And this is for me. Hubby would be less. Son would be mostly ice tea, soda, water and of course gelato (largest size) every day.

Can anyone who has prices tell me if it would be worth it?

OK maybe I can help here. As you are cruising in the Caribbean, your coffee and juice at breakfast is free. Can't see you needing so many bottles of water either as iced (tap) water is free and readily available in the buffet, MDR and at bars, so really only for going ashore. You can get American coffee free of charge 24/7. Iced tae is also available free. So from what you listed it's only going to be the gelato, wine, soda and cocktails and thenodd bottle of water you'd have to pay for. You'd have to be drinking gallons to wrack up more than $1500 to make it worth your while. Not sur about the Prices in dollars but in euros a litre bottle of water is just over €2, glass of wine between €3-4, bootles of wine from €18 upwards, cocktails around €7, can't remember about the gelato but think it was in the region of €2-5 depending on size and whether you had fruit and cream etc or not.

If you are going to drink as a family 12 cocktails or sodas or 14 waters then just buy the onboard packages that give you 2 free. You can all share them. You buy them at any bar and can buy more booklets of the vouchers during your cruise if you finish one. If you think you'll get through 7 bottles order a wine package in advance or onboard (some include some free bottles of water).

Hi guys.

2 vids in one day - don't start expecting too much!

Again from the 27.09.12 theatre show. This time it's a dance number to "there's no business like show business" but don't let that put you off! It's followed by a gymnastics duo who were phenomenal.

Enjoy,

Hi Hilden.

For dinner in the MDR, you order everything you want at the start. They then come one at a time, at a quite leisurely pace. (as I mentioned) However with 7 courses, we did ask for a longer break before the main course, and Nesia our waiter, obliged.

Over 11 nights, I must have had 50+ courses and I only had one plate I didn't like! I didn't, but I did see a couple of people change their order, and it was never a problem.

Regards,

Hi Guys,

More theatre performances.

This group is from Ethiopia and are pretty good at kicking each other in to the air!

There's one slip, but the ship was moving a bit, and they did complete it perfectly earlier in the cruise.

Enjoy.

Hi Hilden.

For dinner in the MDR, you order everything you want at the start. They then come one at a time, at a quite leisurely pace. (as I mentioned) However with 7 courses, we did ask for a longer break before the main course, and Nesia our waiter, obliged.

Over 11 nights, I must have had 50+ courses and I only had one plate I didn't like! I didn't, but I did see a couple of people change their order, and it was never a problem.

Regards,

Thanks Papcx for a prompt reply. sounds good. Regards Denis

Hi guys.

Another theatre show: -

This one's of a gymnast on the blocks (I think) doing handstands etc.

Very good performance.

Enjoy,

Papcx Thanks so much for the videos they are great , those gymnast are incredible. Thanks again!!!

Any chance you can ask someone onboard where Poseia will be between March 16th and 30th? I can't find it on their website.

We will be boarding Poesia 30th March at Fort Lauderdale for the Western Caribbean followed by another 7 nights for the Eastern Caribbean. We can't wait!!! :D