How long have you waited for a 'guarantee' assignment & what kind of cabin?

SnappyNappi

Ladies - guess what? I'm in a CLS! Short story is exactly the same story as yours, family! MY TA's people (the ones covering for him - he is actually on vacation and they are still going over and above) called RCCL today because they "couldn't let this one get by." Well, now I'm in cabin 1754 and you're in a suite as well!

Classy - This is AWESOME news!!! I am so happy for you! DH and I just couldn't get over our CLS! It was a fabulous room and the full suite amenities are worth getting used to. You will love it!!!! Enjoy your CLS and your cruise!

After reading 9 pages of this thread, I had to put in my contribution.

We booked an OV guarantee this morning on the Monarch sailing Dec 17th. Had our cabin assignment this evening (Cat H), so we got exactly what we paid for.

Read this thread all the way through in one sitting a few weeks ago, and now have joined the club!

Booked a Balcony Guarantee tonight on the 31st May 2013 Iceland & Norway cruise on Adventure of the Seas... It's going to drive me insane logging in each day to check to see if we've got our cabin assignment...! :D

• 3 weeks later...
Read this thread all the way through in one sitting a few weeks ago, and now have joined the club!

Booked a Balcony Guarantee tonight on the 31st May 2013 Iceland & Norway cruise on Adventure of the Seas... It's going to drive me insane logging in each day to check to see if we've got our cabin assignment...! :D

Following up on my post above, I'm still waiting (sort of) patiently for our allocation!

We've booked an E2 guarantee, but when you do a dummy booking on RCCL's website, there are no E2's available. Does this mean that they're all sold, or could it be that they're holding them all for guarantees?

Following up on my post above, I'm still waiting (sort of) patiently for our allocation!

We've booked an E2 guarantee, but when you do a dummy booking on RCCL's website, there are no E2's available. Does this mean that they're all sold, or could it be that they're holding them all for guarantees?

It could be either. Typically not all of the available stock shows up online, also we found that there was rapid changes to number and type of cabins available especially as the sail date got close and RCI was moving people around, doing upgrades etc. Also if/when there are price drops other cruisers may take advantage of cheap upgrades.

Can you explain about Royal Caribbean permitting one to change in an assigned category?

Although we intend to stick with RC mostly in future, we had cruised w/NCL in the past, asking for Guarantee balcony. Usually got an unobstructed balcony, but one time had some "poles" in our view...not a big deal, but NCL said no switching once a guarantee was assigned.

Thanks again

Barbara

Can you explain about Royal Caribbean permitting one to change in an assigned category?

Although we intend to stick with RC mostly in future, we had cruised w/NCL in the past, asking for Guarantee balcony. Usually got an unobstructed balcony, but one time had some "poles" in our view...not a big deal, but NCL said no switching once a guarantee was assigned.

Thanks again

Barbara

RCL will allow you to change your assigned cabin to another one in the same category.

Archived