bringing wine on board in ports for Coastal cruises

My best friend and I will be sailing on the Sapphire Princess on Oct.6. Wondering if Princess will allow us to bring wine aboard at the ports since we are doing a wine country cruise? We don't want to take it home, but enjoy it together on board, in our cabin before dinner...

Tammy

No problem with Princess. You can bring wine aboard at embarkation and also at ports of call. The official policy is debatable as to whether it is limited to 1 bottle per person, but many people have reported no problems with more than one. Everything within reason seems to be the best approach. Enjoy your cruise with Princess.

I second the above reply. We took a coastal cruise in May; and, came off the ship with more than we brought aboard in Los Angeles. And, that's after consuming several bottles in the cabin and dining room. We paid the corkage for two bottles (actually, the waiters didn't charge us for the second bottle) in the main dining room; and, had a couple of bottles in our cabin.

Thanks to both of you for the replies....we have both cruised Princess several times before but have not brought wine aboard except on embarkation....this being a wine country cruise however, we would like to bring some local wine to enjoy onboard...

Tammy

• 1 month later...
My best friend and I will be sailing on the Sapphire Princess on Oct.6. Wondering if Princess will allow us to bring wine aboard at the ports since we are doing a wine country cruise? We don't want to take it home, but enjoy it together on board, in our cabin before dinner...

Tammy

We did this same cruise last fall and brought 9 bottles with us at embarkation and supplemented the stash with our purchases in every wine area at every port. We rented cars and hit numerous wine areas. Even in Ensenada where we did a ship's excursion to a winery, we brought back wine. The winery gave everyone on the tour a bottle. So no problems whatsoever to bring onboard at embarkation or during the port stops.

Archived