May try Celebrity next summer, suggestions welcome

the2ofus

Hello. Long-time HAL cruiser here. Finding that Celebrity Equinox or Celebrity Silhouette cruises in the Med. next summer fit my vacation time frame best. Would appreciate any suggestions re: which ship to choose and which verandah cabins to avoid or to nab ASAP.

Hello. Long-time HAL cruiser here. Finding that Celebrity Equinox or Celebrity Silhouette cruises in the Med. next summer fit my vacation time frame best. Would appreciate any suggestions re: which ship to choose and which verandah cabins to avoid or to nab ASAP.

I've been on Equinox many times and will be cruising Silhouette in November and December. Equinox was voted the ship of the year and for good reason: The Crew. However, many key people have been shifted to other ships. Perhaps the biggest difference in the two ships is at the Lawn Club. Equinox has the Hot Glass Show and Silhouette has a resturant. Silhouette also has athe Alcoves for private lounging at a price. If you have kids I select Equinox because of the Hot Glass Show. If it's just 2 I'd go for Silhouette since it's newer. Price and specific port s of call could also make a difference for me.

Try to avoid any cabin that is under the Gym or Oceanview. General rule is to look for a deck that has at least one deck of cabins over it. Best cabins are on the hump. That's the section that comes out from the ship. Balconies are larger on the hump. You might consider an Aqua Class cabin. Tons of information on this on these pages so I won't say more. You will get outstanding service whatever you choose. Have a wonderful cruise.

DW and I have cruised twice on the Equinox in Aqua class and loved it. One cruise was in the Med and the other in the Caribbean. We will be cruising on the Silhouette this January. No matter which one you select I am sure you will enjoy the experience.

From my research all the S-class ships are wonderful, plus there is a new one coming out The Reflection which is replacing Equinox's Med. itinerary.

The larger blaconies are not the ones on the hump, but the ones that are angled off the hump with the first and third off the corner the largest (about triple size, second and fourth cabins about double size).

Look up the 1st sticky on the main page for reviews on cabins.

In general the cabins are lovely on these ships with also a very nice bathroom. Storage not too great, but adequate.

Explore the ships on U-tube. There is a lot of footage available.

Personally I would go for the ship which has the best itinerary for you.

Archived