Bus service from NJ to Baltimore

Bozo

Thinking of doing a cruise from Baltimore 4 /13/13 a repo cruise does any one know if they have a bus service from nj to the Baltimore port.

Take Greyhound. The Baltimore travel plaza is just on the other side of the the tunnel from the port. You can easily get a cab to the port from the Travel Plaza. You might want to also check out MegaBus

Take Greyhound. The Baltimore travel plaza is just on the other side of the the tunnel from the port. You can easily get a cab to the port from the Travel Plaza. You might want to also check out MegaBus

I believe Greyhound abandoned the Travel Plaza a few years ago I drive by there everyday and the bus terminal is deserted

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Did check entertainment and yes they do run buses out of Jersey. We have used the service for out last 3 cruises good service no problems. 100.00 per person.

Is that price round trip per person or just one way since it is a repo cruise we would only need the bus to Baltimore we would have to fly back to NJ from Orlando since the cruise ends in Port Canaveral. Does RCCL do any buses from NJ to the Baltimore Port?

Is that price round trip per person or just one way since it is a repo cruise we would only need the bus to Baltimore we would have to fly back to NJ from Orlando since the cruise ends in Port Canaveral. Does RCCL do any buses from NJ to the Baltimore Port?

We live near the Baltimore port but we want to take the Explorer out of NJ. So when we booked our cruise we asked RCCL if they still ran a bus from DC to NJ (we did that 4 years ago). They recommended the entertainment tours.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Bozo

I am looking at the same repo and have the same problem regarding transportation. I live in the Trenton NJ area and looking for transportation to Baltimore Cruise Port for 4/13/13.

I contacted the bus service Royal Caribbean recommends (http://www.enttours.cm) but the bus company told me today that they may not continue service to the Enchantment of the Seas. Right now they offer it until March. The guy said to call back in a month to see it they will extend it but he didn't seem to hopeful about it.

If you find a source of transportation please post it and I will do the same.

Hi Bozo

I am looking at the same repo and have the same problem regarding transportation. I live in the Trenton NJ area and looking for transportation to Baltimore Cruise Port for 4/13/13.

I contacted the bus service Royal Caribbean recommends (http://www.enttours.cm) but the bus company told me today that they may not continue service to the Enchantment of the Seas. Right now they offer it until March. The guy said to call back in a month to see it they will extend it but he didn't seem to hopeful about it.

If you find a source of transportation please post it and I will do the same.

haha...we are sort of neighbors!!! (hamilton!)

i would suggest hopping Amtrak....decent prices if you book early enough....

Edited by megr1125

megr1125

Thanks for the post.

Yes close neighbors I actually live in Yardville. I was just checking Amtrak from Trenton to Baltimore and it is coming in around $41 for 4/13/13. I now have to check out what cab service is in the area and the cost to the Cruise terminal.

megr1125

Thanks for the post.

Yes close neighbors I actually live in Yardville. I was just checking Amtrak from Trenton to Baltimore and it is coming in around $41 for 4/13/13. I now have to check out what cab service is in the area and the cost to the Cruise terminal.

Probably about 25 bucks.....and maybe 15-20 minutes depending of traffic....

(i am right off 195!!! )

• 3 months later...
megr1125

Thanks for the post.

Looks like the whole "neighborhood" is on that 4/13/13 Repo cruise. ;):D

We are also looking for train options to Baltimore from TTN/hamilton. Was wondering if we can take suitases on the train since they do not have any checked luggage facility available on that route?

Looks like the whole "neighborhood" is on that 4/13/13 Repo cruise. ;):D

We are also looking for train options to Baltimore from TTN/hamilton. Was wondering if we can take suitases on the train since they do not have any checked luggage facility available on that route?

Yes, you can carry your own bags onto Amtrak trains. Here's their policy:

http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?c=Page&pagename=am%2FLayout&cid=1251621565003

Yes...but you need to go to trenton to catch amtrak...it doesn't stop in Hamilton...

And as I found out while preparing to book Amtrak for a trip to DC later this year, Acela Express trains don't stop in Trenton (except perhaps one very early morning train), which means I either have to drive in the wrong direction to Metropark (and many of them don't stop there either) or go to 30th St. Station in Philadelphia to get the train. At that point the additional speed of the Acela Express is almost nullified by the additional travel to a station where it stops, so I might as well just take a regular Northeast Regional train. :rolleyes:

Edited by njhorseman

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Not sure from NJ but there is the megabus that goes from Manhattan new york to baltimore. It leaves almost every hour. You can get a fare that leaves around midday for only $10.

Thinking of doing a cruise from Baltimore 4 /13/13 a repo cruise does any one know if they have a bus service from nj to the Baltimore port.

Not sure from NJ but there is the megabus that goes from Manhattan new york to baltimore. It leaves almost every hour. You can get a fare that leaves around midday for only $10.

The poster to whom you're responding was considering a cruise that departed two years ago...

Edited by njhorseman