Airline delays

stev5138

UGH! We booked our flights on AA months and months ago for our Nov/Dec. cruise out of Miami. We choose AA because they are the only airline out of our small regional airport that is only 20 minutes away. Our only other option is to drive 2 hrs to reach Kansas City to fly out of there.

We are flying in the day before but now I am worried that if our flight is cancelled that will be enough time to get flights rescheduled and arrive in Miami.

I am praying this is resolved before the end of November!

:( I'm hyperventilating

Then just try to imagine what I'm doing...we (fingers crossed) fly TOMORROW to catch the Victory on Sunday and of course we have a layover in Dallas, which according to everything I've been able to glean from the flight trackers, is where everything is getting delayed/cancelled. Also, tell me if you think this is weird...AA is selling one-way segments on our outbound flight (YYC to SJU via DFW) today for $250.00; which is less than half what I paid two months ago. How can this be?

As for insurance, we bought Carnival Fun Protection (or whatever goofy thing they call it) when we booked. I've been pouring over it for the details of the "Common Carrier Delay" coverage and don't see anything anywhere that excludes AA. Labour unrest (except for full-on strike declaration, which apparently pilots can't do) is a specified peril covered under the policy. any thoughts??

Then just try to imagine what I'm doing...we (fingers crossed) fly TOMORROW to catch the Victory on Sunday and of course we have a layover in Dallas, which according to everything I've been able to glean from the flight trackers, is where everything is getting delayed/cancelled. Also, tell me if you think this is weird...AA is selling one-way segments on our outbound flight (YYC to SJU via DFW) today for $250.00; which is less than half what I paid two months ago. How can this be?

As for insurance, we bought Carnival Fun Protection (or whatever goofy thing they call it) when we booked. I've been pouring over it for the details of the "Common Carrier Delay" coverage and don't see anything anywhere that excludes AA. Labour unrest (except for full-on strike declaration, which apparently pilots can't do) is a specified peril covered under the policy. any thoughts??

Did you book the flights through Carnival? The way I understand it, Carnival's insurance only covers flights if you book the flights through them.

check the financial default section of the policy as well.

Spoke to a good friend who is a pilot for AA , The maintenance thing is not them Whining , What happened was those 11,000 lay off notices went to maintenance workers and bag handlers. So they are calling in sick more than anyone and that is why planes are delayed for maintenance reasons. The planes have to go thru a maintenance check before every flight and even the smallest thing needs to be fixed before take off , and they just dont have enough maintenance workers right now

Just thought some of you guys would like to know

All i care about is getting to Puerto Rico the day before as planned , If we get delayed on way home big deal , I could use a extra day of vacation , not to mention the free vouchers for first class they will give me :)

I hope that's the case with carnival's insurance! I do hope you made it safely and on time! Take care of her for us and have a fabulous cruise!

I hope that's the case with carnival's insurance! I do hope you made it safely and on time! Take care of her for us and have a fabulous cruise!

Well, we made it onto the first flight (YYC/DFW) but spent almost an hour on the tarmac after our scheduled departure time. Pretty sure we'll miss our connection, presuming it's on schedule, unless they hold it for us - do they ever do that??

The deal with the pilots is pretty simple, they are ticked off that they won't get a massive pay raise. They are also ticked that AA will no longer be financing their pension. Boohoo. Sorry you wont get paid $300,000++ to fly an airplane for 40 hours a month. Get over it or move to another airline.

So, since they are so ticked off about not being to monetarily rape AA, they have decided to use sick outs and maintenance as their way to screw the company, the other employees, and sadly the customers. They are writing up things like light bulbs over seats and refusing to fly the plane until it is fixed. It's simply ridiculous. Don't hate AA for what is happening, hate the pilots. The pilots and their union are doing this to you, not AMR, not AA, not maintenance, it is the pilots. Put blame where it is really deserved.

Can you tell I have absolutely no sympathy for the pilots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe I just read the above!

1. Pilots only get paid hourly for "block time" (look it up on Google). They are not paid for pre-flight briefing time, aircraft pre-flight and cockpit check time, or delays where they sit at the gate waiting.

2. Maximum allowable flying time is 100 hours per month and no more than 8 hours per day, but "duty" time can be much greater.

3. Did you know that many pilots commute to work by taking another airline flight just to get to their plane? I have a friend who commutes from Dallas to Chicago so he can have his captains job with Southwest.

4. Do you know what "seniority" is, and how many pilots got screwed with these mergers?

5. Do you need to re-qualify for your job every six months?

6. Do you operate a 60-250 million dollar piece of equipment, which might have up to 500 people on board?

I could go on, but my suggestion is you Google the name Al Haynes or United 232, and you will realize that for what these people do, we need to be increasing salary and benefits, not cutting them!

Obviously I am biased and on their side, and for good reason.

Have a friend who was supposed to fly at 9:15 on AA from LGA to DFW, boarded the plane, then sat there for 2-1/2 hours hours waiting for maintenance to work on a light bulb issue.

Just a 1/2 hour ago they were de-planed; she then found there were other delayed flights in the terminal for "maintenance issues".

Good luck flying AA

You are one lucky guy to be able to be close enough to drive.....but how you gonna drive to Barcelona for a Med cruise???

I hear you! At last count there were twenty of us from the 10/1/12 Breeze roll call booked on AA66 for next Saturday night 9/29 JFK-BCN. We are all praying like mad that our flight is a go and we make it to Barcelona.

Spoke to a good friend who is a pilot for AA , The maintenance thing is not them Whining , What happened was those 11,000 lay off notices went to maintenance workers and bag handlers. So they are calling in sick more than anyone and that is why planes are delayed for maintenance reasons. The planes have to go thru a maintenance check before every flight and even the smallest thing needs to be fixed before take off , and they just dont have enough maintenance workers right now

Just thought some of you guys would like to know

All i care about is getting to Puerto Rico the day before as planned , If we get delayed on way home big deal , I could use a extra day of vacation , not to mention the free vouchers for first class they will give me :)

Just on the news about a pilot that didn't like how his seat fit, plane delayed until they changed the seat....LOL...Dennis

I hear you! At last count there were twenty of us from the 10/1/12 Breeze roll call booked on AA66 for next Saturday night 9/29 JFK-BCN. We are all praying like mad that our flight is a go and we make it to Barcelona.

I wish you all luck with your flights. We are flying AA from JAX/MIA/BCN on 10/10 for the 10/13 cruise and booked non-refundable tickets a few months ago.

If the flights are delayed do they have to put you on another flight (even another airlines)? How many hours before they are required?

Wishing us luck too.

Cheers!

I wish you all luck with your flights. We are flying AA from JAX/MIA/BCN on 10/10 for the 10/13 cruise and booked non-refundable tickets a few months ago.

If the flights are delayed do they have to put you on another flight (even another airlines)? How many hours before they are required?

Wishing us luck too.

Cheers!

Good Luck..We are booked MEM/DFW/HNL for next friday for a cruise that sails on Sunday 9/30...At least we have two days to get there, I would be stressing if it was only one day early...Dennis

We flew into LGA this past Tuesday on AA, we actually got in so much sooner than expected that the gate was not ready for us! We did not see or hear of any cancelations, happy flying to all!!

That's good news! I have been checking the flights from Columbus to Miami and so far they have all been on-time and no cancellations.

Hopefully that will hold until November!

Archived