Airline delays

stev5138

We're flying American from Tulsa to NOLA for our Conquest cruise in 9 days........hate dealing with the unknown.....our flight is supposed to leave around 11am on Saturday. I guess I'll give it until 2ish to take off before I start the 11 hour drive down there.

We're flying American from Tulsa to NOLA for our Conquest cruise in 9 days........hate dealing with the unknown.....our flight is supposed to leave around 11am on Saturday. I guess I'll give it until 2ish to take off before I start the 11 hour drive down there.

The reality, okgirl, is that airline pilots cannot legally go on strike. Yes, you might have some call in sick, but there will usually be pilots to take their place.

Otherwise, you fly airlines like Continental/United, Jet Blue and Southwest, and maybe Delta. AA certainly has some employee issues to resolve due to their bankruptcy. AA screwed up; they should have beat Continental to merge with United. Now, they have only US Airways as a merger option. Yuk!

I was gonna book AA for my December cruise, glad i read this first. I checked BA but got a msg saying they do not have traffic rights from RDU to MIA. Now i dont know what to do. I need a late flight due to other obligations and prices on other airlines are insane. :(

Tapi, I will pass your compliment along. I do agree, these posts got a bit off topic. It started out about those who need to get to their cruise or get home. I do hope that all those booked on AA are able to travel without any difficulties. Good luck to everyone holding AA tickets and just hope that the problems are short lived!

I was gonna book AA for my December cruise, glad i read this first. I checked BA but got a msg saying they do not have traffic rights from RDU to MIA. Now i dont know what to do. I need a late flight due to other obligations and prices on other airlines are insane. :(

We booked AA for our October cruise before this mess was made public, ended up cheaper then SWA to FLL since the cost to transit to MIA would have been included and AA is NS. Had troubles with AA last time we flew to MIA, possibly my fault, they declined my credit card but I never recieved notice of that until I tried to check in the day before the flight, fortunately we got on a USAIR flight just took longer.

But anyway we are going down the night before, last AA nonstop so if it is delayed no big deal. If it is cancelled as long as they do it the night before I won't mind as long as I have enough notice I will drive if need be. Actually hoping for a delay on the return as our flight is scheduled for 10:30 AM so we will be rushing.

I was soooo hoping this would get settled before December, and it might, right? US Air is soooo expensive and since Charlotte is their hub it is a major rip off to fly out of here. Driving to Miami from Charlotte is a good 13 hours. Oh... well... we are flying in the day before our cruise... just gotta deal with it.

TAPI......pat on the back for you.....people NEED to know that some jobs are specialty and sometimes someone can't just jump in and do them.

I would hate to have seen the outcome if SULLY had not been on the plane that landed ON not IN the river a few years back.

It would be like putting a big city cab driver in a formula one car at the INDY 500....and saying no big deal...he knows how to drive fast !!!!!

Lets hope that it all comes out fair and everyone is happy.....they have alot on their hands when running down that airstrip with PRECIOUS cargo.

They don't deserve to rob the airline but a fair shake is expected.

This is another reason we tend to drive to ports. And to think flying used to be a pleasant experience.

It would be nice to have that luxury :) For some of us the closest port is 1500 plus miles away :( Would love to be able to drive!

I'm in full-blown panic attack mode right now :( we're flying out on AA next Saturday for our Vicyory cruise. This is the first time we've ever flown for a cruise...I will be devastated if we don't make it to San Juan in time.

Deeeeeeep breath.....

I'm in full-blown panic attack mode right now :( we're flying out on AA next Saturday for our Vicyory cruise. This is the first time we've ever flown for a cruise...I will be devastated if we don't make it to San Juan in time.

Deeeeeeep breath.....

Hopefully you are flying in a day early ? Thats what we are doing in 2 weeks for our cruise on the Victory

This thread got me curious since we usually fly AA to Miami. Getting ready to book for our upcoming cruise and made some calls today on travel insurance. I've confirmed with insuremytrip.com that flights on AA or American Eagle are NOT insurable due to the bankruptcy. So if I go ahead with those flights, I'm on my own in case of delays, cancellations, pilots calling in sick, AA folds - whatever the case may be. Yes, we fly a day ahead but not sure it's a risk I want to take. Last minute tickets to the Caribbean to meet up with a ship isn't something I'd want to foot the bill for if something goes wrong.

300 flights cancelled for this weekend on our local news tonight.

Pilots are finding last minute things they say need maintenance to delay flights leaving on time. One side says the pilots may have lost the court battle to strike but they are showing they can still flex their muscles.

If aa loses enough $$$ .. this is a loss for both sides as I see it.

Hopefully it will all be over by January when we fly to the Blogger's cruise...

we are actually flying in 2 days early to get free flights....

although we can drive to Miami....we are doing it in November (with a side trip to Sea World and Epcot)....

This is another reason we tend to drive to ports. And to think flying used to be a pleasant experience.

Yep, flying is a PITA. We're so happy to be driving to Charleston next month rather than flying. True, Carnival Fantasy is an older ship, but we sailed on her last year and had a great time. Being from Cincinnati, we don't have a lot of options for driving to a port, but there are a few and we like to take advantage of them occasionally.

I know how some of you feel. We booked flights for our January cruise a couple of months ago and we have to fly AA because it's the only airline with morning and afternoon flights out of our city. You've got to love tiny airports. Thank goodness we are flying in the day before. So much for wanting to get to Tampa early. :rolleyes: I just hope the higher ups at AA get their heads out of their butts soon before AA ends up like Circuit City. I was working there when it went under and it wasn't pretty.

Does anyone know if Insurance covers something like this???? We have AA for our April cruise out of San Juan ,I mean more than likely they will have thier problems solved by then , just curious.

Check with your insurance carrier. I was told today that no policy I could buy right now would cover AA flights simply due to them being in bankruptcy.

Does anyone know if Insurance covers something like this???? We have AA for our April cruise out of San Juan ,I mean more than likely they will have thier problems solved by then , just curious.

They don't, and to be honest, I was so concerned about weather and illness that I didn't check. :(

P.s <3 you friyo :D

Archived