What food is included?

CarenM

Three squares a day (plus).

Either the Dining room or Lido buffet plus various food stations around the Lido.

Promenade deck has a Sushi bar usually open between 5 and 8.

Depending on the ship, Steakhouses, Italian and/or Sushi restaurants are extra.

All ships also have a coffee bar which is extra.

Lido Buffett, soft ice cream yogurt, pizza, grill, deli, anything on the lido deck!

Room service (please tip)

That is ALL included???????

How much weight does one gain on a cruise? LOL

Holy cow!!!

Three squares a day (plus).

Either the Dining room or Lido buffet plus various food stations around the Lido.

Promenade deck has a Sushi bar usually open between 5 and 8.

Depending on the ship, Steakhouses, Italian and/or Sushi restaurants are extra.

All ships also have a coffee bar which is extra.

Also, several of the ships have a Fish & Chips counter. The fries are okay, but I wish they had some hush puppies to go with the fish. And some coconut shrimp would be a nice touch. Hmm, suddenly I have a craving for seafood.:)

some cruise diet book claims people gain approx 1 lb per day of the cruise, 7 day cruise, 7 lbs.. longer, more weight.

Im cruising for 14 days in a row coming up :eek:

Lol...I believe it..:o

We have a 15 day in January....trying to take off 10 now so I can put it right back on again...lol....

Holy cow!!!

Bypass the elevators and take the stairs! We do it everytime and come back home fit as a fiddle...well....we're not carrying back more weight! lets just say that! lol. :D

And Im on Magic and want to try all the things I missed last time when I had that short preview.. missed Tandori, and some other things I want to try that are new.. so I just have to try them out so I know for myself .. right??

Im excused this time from eating more than I should?

You don't have to gain weight on a cruise. A lot of ships offer spa menus and healthier items, have a gym and fitness classes, tons of activities. I always bring my gym clothes and shoes on a cruise...however....I never seem to make it up there... Go figure. One of these days...

You don't have to gain weight on a cruise. A lot of ships offer spa menus and healthier items, have a gym and fitness classes, tons of activities. I always bring my gym clothes and shoes on a cruise...however....I never seem to make it up there... Go figure. One of these days...

Now that's no fun...lol :) Healthy food on Vacation? Boo Hiss :o

On vacation....I want to eat all the things I stay away from all year.

(I guess I could hit the gym once or twice though):o:o:o

Now that's no fun...lol :) Healthy food on Vacation? Boo Hiss :o

On vacation....I want to eat all the things I stay away from all year.

(I guess I could hit the gym once or twice though):o:o:o

lol, I agree. Didn't say I partake in any of that, but it's available if you feel quilty after all of that warm chocolate melting cake!

Holy cow!!!

On average they say a pound a day. Little things to help that matter. Get out and walk. Use the elevator as little as possible. We need to be going more than 2 decks to even think about the elevator. Going down, I'll do the steps from top to bottom if need be. Legs a bit sore if I try to do that going up. I wear a pedometer and try to hit 10,000 steps every day.

On average they say a pound a day. Little things to help that matter. Get out and walk. Use the elevator as little as possible. We need to be going more than 2 decks to even think about the elevator. Going down, I'll do the steps from top to bottom if need be. Legs a bit sore if I try to do that going up. I wear a pedometer and try to hit 10,000 steps every day.

Only works on the able-bodied individual. For those with walkers, wheelchairs, scooters, etc. it's a little difficult. I use a walker and get my exercise walking the decks from forward to aft. Still need elevators going up and down. I try to eat light during the day with fruit and yogurt, and light at dinner, but the WCMC is my downfall.

There is A LOT of food available, but I must say I probably ate better on the ship than at home (or at least not much worse than I eat on land!) I ate a lot of fruit and never bought a soda, so had water/lemonade all week. The girl I went with got a salad at every meal. It is overwhelming, especially because you want a taste of everything!

On my first cruise, I gained enough weight that I could not button my shorts the last two days. On my second cruise, I gained about five pounds. I made a decision to not gain weight on the cruise, yet to enjoy all the food I wanted. I choose to skip the bread with dinner and walk more. I took the stairs everywhere. I actually only gained one pound on that 7 day cruise. I'm going to stick with that plan on my next cruise.

Yes, it is possible to gain a LOT:( of weight, if you try to make a hog/pig of yourself. You would think with all the food on the ship, that there is no stopping when eating, but you will find there is. I find that all food on the ship, I don't like, so I just partake of what I do like.:) For example, I like Carnivals pizza, so I don't have it every day, but maybe a couple times through the cruise. I know there is a place to exercise, but I find myself doing ALL steps unless I am wearing high heels, and walking from one end of the ship to the other.

By the time I get home, normally I haven't gained more than 3 lbs., so I am happy with that.:)

Only works on the able-bodied individual. For those with walkers, wheelchairs, scooters, etc. it's a little difficult. I use a walker and get my exercise walking the decks from forward to aft. Still need elevators going up and down. I try to eat light during the day with fruit and yogurt, and light at dinner, but the WCMC is my downfall.

And there is another reason for us "able bodies" to use the stairs. Leave the elevators for the not so able. Congratulations on making an effort into walking when you are able to do so.

Don't freak out too much about the weight gain

as most of it is water via glycogen loading.

Basically every gram of carbs that gets

stored carries about 4 grams of water.

People who weigh themselves before

and after a workout or before and after

a meal are really measuring "water weight."

The human body can only store or burn

a couple pounds of fat a week. When

you overeat some gets stored as fat

but the rest gets "passed". :)

It may be faster to list what foods are not included. Ships usually have a special, high-end restaurant which is an extra charge. You may want to try it - more relaxed atmosphere and very reasonably priced if compared to an equivalent land-based restaurant.

A specialty coffee and pastries shop is also usually extra.

My lovely and long-suffering wife and I have just completed a cruise on the Miracle. We ate breakfast and lunch at the Lido deck buffets each day, had tea at three most afternoons (in the Main Dining Room) and ate our dinners at the MDR. We had excellent meals, gained a few pounds and did not feel the need to purchase any extra food.

(My bar tab, on the other hand, was a different story.)

Archived