Cancellation ? pax #2 in 3-pax cabin

Ren1216

For some reason, I can't keep this straight in my head. If passenger #2 has to cancel for a covered medical reason, will RCI make passenger #3 pay full fare instead of 3rd pax fare? I can't remember if it's suggested to do a no-show on the cancelling pax or if I should call RCI and officially cancel her.

Final payments have already been made (we're about 30 days out) and yes, all are third-party insured with a pre-existing waiver (though this is not a pre-existing condition). The situation is currently uncertain, my aunt is having a heart issue and has just had surgery. Of course, we are ALL hoping she can make the cruise, but I need to make sure I advise her properly if she cannot. Plus, we need to know if any of this will have an impact on pax #3. Thanks for any help and I apologize if I'm asking a seemingly obvious question.

For some reason, I can't keep this straight in my head. If passenger #2 has to cancel for a covered medical reason, will RCI make passenger #3 pay full fare instead of 3rd pax fare? I can't remember if it's suggested to do a no-show on the cancelling pax or if I should call RCI and officially cancel her.

Final payments have already been made (we're about 30 days out) and yes, all are third-party insured with a pre-existing waiver (though this is not a pre-existing condition). The situation is currently uncertain, my aunt is having a heart issue and has just had surgery. Of course, we are ALL hoping she can make the cruise, but I need to make sure I advise her properly if she cannot. Plus, we need to know if any of this will have an impact on pax #3. Thanks for any help and I apologize if I'm asking a seemingly obvious question.

Based on what we've seen in the past, pax #3 will likely become pax #2.

You best bet since you are post final is...don't cancel passenger #2...instead cancel passenger #3 and substitute passenger #2 for 3 name wise...passenger #2 was more expensive than #3...so passenger #3 will not carry as high a cancellation penalty.

what penalty? They're all insured

what penalty? They're all insured

They are third-party insured...if your going to put in a claim on a passenger who hasn't yet sailed....ya don't think the first thing the insurance company is going to do is want you to cancel that passenger with the cruise line first;)...the insurance company is going to want you to get back as much from the CL first...then pay on what wasn't refunded.

Seems you are right, when one of the three pax cancels, no matter who, the cancelled pax is treated as the 3rd and the other two pay full fare. The cruise line will refund in accordance with their cancellation policy and then she'd file a claim for whatever isn't refunded. I guess I understood most of that.... but it does look like pax #3 now has to pay more out-of-pocket if #2 cancels. I just wanted to make sure so that everyone was prepared. Normally when we have 3 pax to a cabin, we just split the total three ways... for whatever reason, my grandma and aunts didn't do it that way this time, but they'll work it all out.

Thanks for the help everyone, much appreciated.

I am almost positive when passenger 2 gets cancelled passenger 3 automatically becomes passenger 2.

Yeah but what if OP added another passenger after canceling passenger 2 would that be passenger 4? And if that's correct and your only in a 3 passenger room then CL would make you get a bigger room to accommodate the 4th passenger. uhhh yeah:eek:

And then there's also the possibility that the original passenger 2 decides to go on the cruise but and then becomes passenger 3 and doesn't have to pay as much as s/he had to as passenger 2. The new passenger 2 might not be happy with the old passenger 2 (now passenger 3) and won't talk to the new passenger 3 for the duration of the cruise. Causing a unfriendly atmosphere in the cabin.

Yeah but what if OP added another passenger after canceling passenger 2 would that be passenger 4? And if that's correct and your only in a 3 passenger room then CL would make you get a bigger room to accommodate the 4th passenger. uhhh yeah:eek:

And then there's also the possibility that the original passenger 2 decides to go on the cruise but and then becomes passenger 3 and doesn't have to pay as much as s/he had to as passenger 2. The new passenger 2 might not be happy with the old passenger 2 (now passenger 3) and won't talk to the new passenger 3 for the duration of the cruise. Causing a unfriendly atmosphere in the cabin.

Reading this makes me dizzy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived