Noisy Concierge Cabin aboard Eclipse

janeer

We have recently returned from our 14 night trip around the Med aboard the beautiful Celebrity Eclipse. Could not fault the ship, it was beautiful, our favourite ship so far and we have sailed a few!

The only problem we had was noise from the Ocean View Cafe. We were initially delighted to get allocated cabin 2140, for our balcony guarantee cabin. However, our delight soon turned to dismay as night fell and we had the noise of trolleys being moved around all night and the noise of metal objects being dropped on the floor, which would awaken those hard of hearing!! After the fourth night of broken sleep my husband went to Guest Services and, to cut a very long story short, that evening we moved cabins to Deck 9 on the aft!!! Guest Services were fantastic, giving us some very generous on board credit, wine in the cabin and for our total party of 6 complimentary dining at Q-sine!!!

All in all a very positive outcome! A wonderful cabin, aboard a beautiful ship!

Jane

We too have had this cabin. We sailed on eclipse 7/7/12 to Iceland and were "upgraded" from our hump cabin to C2 2140. Noise was as you described. We complained to guest relaions who initially told us that no one had previously complained, we couldn't be moved as ship was full!! Noise continued and we filled in the comment card when we were sent a bottle of wine and free dining in Muranos. We advised them we would be contacted Celebrity on our return with our complaint re noise and we have just been given a Future cruise credit for our next cruise on eclipse 2013. I asked that clients be advised of noise problems in this cabin as obstructed view cabins are, they said they would see what they could do! My husband is hard of hearing and even he heard the clanging from the galley and trolleys well into the early hours. Glad you had a move, 2 weeks under that noise wasn't quite what we expected!

There's an excellent Solstice cabin spreadsheet on the forum that you can find if you do a search. I know that Eclipse isn't absolutely identical, but it is close enough.

We thought we had picked a great cabin for Solstice in March, but after checking the spreadsheet it looked as if we would get a lot of noise from the deck above. So we changed the booking and moved down a deck.

I'd recommend it to anyone who is going on a Solstice class ship.

We have recently returned from our 14 night trip around the Med aboard the beautiful Celebrity Eclipse. Could not fault the ship, it was beautiful, our favourite ship so far and we have sailed a few!

The only problem we had was noise from the Ocean View Cafe. We were initially delighted to get allocated cabin 2140, for our balcony guarantee cabin. However, our delight soon turned to dismay as night fell and we had the noise of trolleys being moved around all night and the noise of metal objects being dropped on the floor, which would awaken those hard of hearing!! After the fourth night of broken sleep my husband went to Guest Services and, to cut a very long story short, that evening we moved cabins to Deck 9 on the aft!!! Guest Services were fantastic, giving us some very generous on board credit, wine in the cabin and for our total party of 6 complimentary dining at Q-sine!!!

All in all a very positive outcome! A wonderful cabin, aboard a beautiful ship!

Jane

Wow - sorry to hear about the noise problems, but Celebrity sure did right by you! We had one cruise way back on Galaxy when she was at her peak, and we had horrible noise issues at the back of the ship due to a problem they finally fixed on the fourth day. The back was shaking so bad we literally felt our aft cabin was going to fall off the back of the ship. We complained (as did others) - all we ever got was a $100 pp credit towards a future cruise. Thankfully it did not turn us off Celebrity (20 cruises now) but your compensation sure beat ours by a long shot. Glad they took care of you.

I am glad they helped you out. We had a noisy cabin on a few cruises. Generally they will try to help you. The worst for us is when you hear noise starting around 4:30AM from a buffet area or pool deck chairs being moved around. That's one reason we don't do "guarantees" any more.

One other thing to add! I do think we were lucky to get a cabin move, when we checked the account on the TV screen to check our OBC, there were 2 names on the screen who had obviously been in the cabin for 3 days spending freely, then the 4th day they had a considerable amount of spending in the medical/hospital facility. We assume that they had to leave the ship. So, whoever they are, we are sorry for your cruise curtailment. (Lance & Susan)

Jane

Archived