Remember the Bon Voyage Clearance Items?

Happy0810

Remember back in April/May when they put some of the old Bon Voyage items on sale? Well I purchased the pink gear set (shirt, visor, and sling bag) at a deal of a price at $9.95.

My cruise is next week, and I'm wondering what to expect. Do any of you have experience with this? I'm doubtful that I'll get the actual items but wondered what replacements are being given now. Are people given replacements on the purchase price or the items purchased (value of $9.95 or replacement of shirt, visor, and bag).

Remember back in April/May when they put some of the old Bon Voyage items on sale? Well I purchased the pink gear set (shirt, visor, and sling bag) at a deal of a price at $9.95.

My cruise is next week, and I'm wondering what to expect. Do any of you have experience with this? I'm doubtful that I'll get the actual items but wondered what replacements are being given now. Are people given replacements on the purchase price or the items purchased (value of $9.95 or replacement of shirt, visor, and bag).

I purchased this for my cruise in May and it was in my room when I arrived BUT it wasn't in the size I ordered (I think I ordered an XL and received a L). They did offer me another shirt in XL but it was a gray mens shirt so obviously I didn't want it. They took it back and I had a refund on my credit card about a week after I got home. I did take down the persons name I spoke to though on the ship, just in case.

At this time, I would think the inventory is gone. I wonder if you can call and see if its available and get the credit now so you don't have to deal with it on the ship.

my sister had ordered the cooler with glass mug and was ASSURED that the same one would be delivered. They SAID that put them aside. WRONG. They delivered the newer designed cooler with the cheap plastic cups. She returned it. They kind of gave her a hard time but she ended up with a refund. If they deliver something different from what you ordered and you are not happy, just return it. It is very disappointing though when you think something will be waiting for you and its not.

You know I had a thought the other day, weird......:rolleyes:

I bought a cooler/beer/glass mug package for my friend for our cruise in Nov. but I bought it back before the new stuff was out, back in the spring. I wonder what she will get? The old set or the new set? Its the same price.

my sister had ordered the cooler with glass mug and was ASSURED that the same one would be delivered. They SAID that put them aside. WRONG. They delivered the newer designed cooler with the cheap plastic cups. She returned it. They kind of gave her a hard time but she ended up with a refund. If they deliver something different from what you ordered and you are not happy, just return it. It is very disappointing though when you think something will be waiting for you and its not.

They did the same thing to my sister and I. We both purchased the cooler packages so I could complete my collection of the mugs. We returned it as well because we really didn't need the sodas and coolers. We just wanted the mugs. I only have 3.

I really don't know what you are talking about, but when they had their "$10 sales, I took advantage of them.

I want to say when I bought their watches, it was a GOOD steal. My watches are STILL working.:)

This was a sale of older being phased out merchandise on the Carnival website. Carnival has revamped the website and added newthings. Most things on the BV website can't be bought on the ship.

What you are refering to is a sale onboard the ship. Anything you order from BV website is in your cabin when you embark or shortly thereafter.

I too ordered the pink gear set (3 of them) and the mens backpack/hat/tshirt. When we sailed in May all of the sets were in my cabin but all were the wrong size. I had the choice to keep them or return them. I returned them and they credited the cc I used to purchase them not my S&S card.

My husband ordered this set for me as well(I got the same set last year). We sailed on Sept 9th and it was in the room waiting for me. The shirt was the size that he ordered, but was cut a bit different than last year and therefore, the size was too small, but I kept the bag and gave the shirt to my daughter.

I too ordered the pink gear set (3 of them) and the mens backpack/hat/tshirt. When we sailed in May all of the sets were in my cabin but all were the wrong size. I had the choice to keep them or return them. I returned them and they credited the cc I used to purchase them not my S&S card.

Same thing happened to me. They refunded my credit card. It would have been nice if they had not accepted my payment in the first place. I am sure they know adead of time how much they have in stock

I ordered the pink set way back when it was on sale too, just sailed on the Pride in August and there was a note in my cabin saying they no longer had the items and I had a credit on my S and S card.

My husband ordered this set for me as well(I got the same set last year). We sailed on Sept 9th and it was in the room waiting for me. The shirt was the size that he ordered, but was cut a bit different than last year and therefore, the size was too small, but I kept the bag and gave the shirt to my daughter.

Wow, how odd that that someone who sailed in August didn't get it but someone who sailed in September did. Maybe they base it on the date it was ordered. Those who ordered first get them. I think I was late in the sale so I'm still doubtful that I'll get the set. We'll see. :)

I hope you come back on here when you get back and let us know what happens. I also ordered one and I don't sail until April! Thanks.

I had forgotten about this. Let us know how it goes. I ordered the jacket and don't sail until Nov. I am sure I won't get it.:(

I'll definitely come back and let you know. :)

Ready2cruz....I ordered the jacket for my husband last year, and it's a great jacket. I hope you get it.

When we went in August, the set we ordered oldest DS, shirt/cap/sling bag for $14.95 was there. The Ocean Pals that we ordered for the younger 2 were not. Our way into the MDR that evening, our Hostess stopped us when we were coming in (After seeing our name on our cards) & explained they no longer had them available & were sorry. Offered that we could get a Funship Freddie instead, but I explained we already had 2, so they just refunded our card.

Anyone order the kids set? I ordered one and hope it is in our cabin on Saturday. I would rather them sub something for my son instead of a $10 refund on my card.

Not sure what kids set, if you mean the shirt sets or if you mean the Ocean Pals. If it for those, the animals, see the top of my post.

We were on the Magic, so not sure if it's the same across all the ships though.

• 3 weeks later...

As promised, I came back to post my results. We came back from the cruise yesterday (sailed out on Sept. 29th), and I did get the pink shirt, bag, and visor in the size I ordered (medium). :D I was pleasantly surprised.

Hopefully others will update us on their results as well...especially with the men's jacket and children's toys.

• 3 months later...

We were on the Nov. 24th sailing of the Breeze and I had ordered the Carnival windbreaker. There was a note in the room when we got there that the item was no longer available and a credit would be placed on the credit card we used to purchase it.

Not liking how they handle things like that. To me if you buy it, it should be there when you get on the ship. All they did was take my money for a year then refund it a year later.:eek:

I ordered the pink shirt, visor & bag way back when as well. On our cruise last month, only the visor & bag arrived, no shirt. A nice lady called to let me know there were no more shirts, and that they had credited my CC for what I paid in full. Which they did. Free visor & bag, I guess.:D

Archived