Flash Mob Dance

janetz

Honestly, it's probably more fun for the participants than anybody else. I can't say the crowd was very engaged or appreciative.

Flash mobs? So two years ago and soooooo annoying unless you're a participant.

Yup. :cool:

The cool thing about them (two years ago) was that they were brilliantly choreographed by talented people and it looked quite smart. Now (or at least on Royal Caribbean) it just looks awkward and clumsy.

But I guess RCI will keep doing it 'to death' like the cruise lines drove the Macarena into the ground. :rolleyes:

That awkward moment when the lady on the scooter runs over 5 people trying to get out of the way of the flash mob...

OMG!!! I think she was thinking- Holy crap I need to make a move, and like now, to get the hell outa here!!:eek:

This was done on our previous 2 cruises and the TA cruise (Jewel of the Seas) we just took. It's great fun to participate in but it's the same routine, at least the times that I've seen it or participated in, and it's now a bit boring. Penelope was in charge of it for the TA cruise we just took and she bungled up the coordinating of it something terrible. We talked to Leigh (the Cruise Director) about it and Penelope was supposed to have taken everyone's names and stateroom numbers who showed up at the first practice and then coordinated more practices and then surprise the passengers. Since we had some minor challenges with the cruise and ended up with more days at sea than had been planned, Leigh wanted to 'shake it up a bit' and make it more of a true Flash Mob. I guess Penelope didn't get the memo :)

We have been on 13 cruises, 9 of these of RCL, and I have never seen or heard of a flash mob dance being done on any of our cruises.

Then you are the lucky one. I hope to have the same luck in December on Allure of the Seas but my destiny has been per-determined. That is unless I'm on the opposite end of the ship when the Flash Mob descends on the Royal Promenade. ;)

the Macarena died a well-deserved death, totally independent of cruise lines.

LMAO on this. But I still cringed every time the music began in the MDR.

"the Macarena died a well-deserved death, totally independent of cruise lines"

And I hope for the same fate with the "flash mob" fad.

Amen! :)

Apparently I don't cruise enough to find flash mobs annoying. Then again, I don't think I'd ever get to the point where I would whine about other people's fun as long as it didn't ruin my cruise...but that's just me. :rolleyes:

Seriously :p. I would have loved to see that. Or is that in the video on You Tube that I missed?

It is on the first video I believe.

Apparently I don't cruise enough to find flash mobs annoying. Then again, I don't think I'd ever get to the point where I would whine about other people's fun as long as it didn't ruin my cruise...but that's just me.

I agree! It is harmless fun and people enjoy it. :)

It is on the first video I believe. Thanks, I'll have to go back and watch it.

Apparently I don't cruise enough to find flash mobs annoying. Then again, I don't think I'd ever get to the point where I would whine about other people's fun as long as it didn't ruin my cruise...but that's just me.

I feel the same way.

I agree! It is harmless fun and people enjoy it. :)

Apparently I don't cruise enough to find flash mobs annoying. Then again, I don't think I'd ever get to the point where I would whine about other people's fun as long as it didn't ruin my cruise...but that's just me. :rolleyes:

So right! Agree.

Flash Mob On! Marcerena (sp?) On! Bingo On! Bar Crawl On!

Being a people watcher myself, I enjoy watching everyone "shake their groove thang" because so many of the people really getting into it have absolutely no rhythm but they are having so much fun its great! My mother in law and sister in law always draw a crowd when they hit the dance floor! Has yet to ruin a vacation for us! :D:D:D

It's not a flash mob if it's an organized cruise activity announced by the staff. Was the performance time listed in the cruise calendar as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We are just back from the Enchantment.... The 'flash mob' was organized at the 'Quest' game. The flash mob took place on the last night at the '70s party' in the Centrum. A lot of people were at the Quest, but not too many (30-40) took part in the flash mob.

Archived