Too many people in port for Magen?

NovCruisin

The following ships are in St Thomas on the same day:

Celebrity Eclipse 2,850

Norwegian Gem 2,394

Carnival Victory 2,758

So we are looking at approx. 8,000 ppl. Would this be too crowded to go to Magen's Bay? What about Sapphire?

This is our first time to St Thomas (DH - 28 and Me - 23) and I know they don't have day pass resorts like much of the Western ports, but we would like the nicest place we can find, not too crowded, not a lot of kids, but decent amenities like food/drinks and nice chairs....Any suggestions? Thoughts?

I would consider myself lucky if there were only that many in port! On the day we port, there will be 6 ships with 19,621 people!! :eek:

We've not been to St Thomas, but I'm really not looking forward to fighting the crowds.....might just have to stay on the ship! :(

The further you are from the bar/restaurant at Magens, the less crowded it is. On the far left as you face the water, it's usually not crowded.

Also, more and more people are going to St John and other St Thomas beaches, because so many have been to Magens and want to see something different.

On days when there are 6 ships, more people go to Emerald Beach, because it's closest to the Crown Bay dock. And many also go to Water Island.

There should be enough beaches to go around.:)

Archived