Can I bring our own snacks onboard?

crusinfamof4

I was thinking of making a little goodie basket for our DSs for their cabin. If I make up a little snack basket for them, will I be able to bring it onboard? If I say put the snacks in my luggage? Just a little something for them to enjoy their trip. I looked at Bon Voyage and didn't see anything I thought our boys would like.

Sure ..

You might also throw in some sealed stuff, like bars, or little bags of chips. it has to be sealed to take it into ports by law.

but for the cabin .. goodie bags will be fine.

remember pizza is free 24/7, but if they like sugar.. you can bring whatever you like. I sometimes throw in a candy bar myself for a chocolate fix.

You could also grab a piece of say chocolate cake and bring it down to your cabin to save for a midnight snack.. but I get it.. sometimes you want junk food, not dessert or pizza.

for my junk food attacks during the day, I go to the grill and get the homemade chips and put cheese sauce on them..

You can bring anything on. It's taking it off that's the problem. Only commercially packaged products can be brought off in ports. Some ports don't allow any food off.

Once was stopped by an AG dog in San Diego. She alerted on my Froot Loops and LemonDrops. Good Dog.

We bring on hard candy and some cereal bars. When traveling with DDtheYounger we also bring Pringles.

I was thinking of making a little goodie basket for our DSs for their cabin. If I make up a little snack basket for them, will I be able to bring it onboard? If I say put the snacks in my luggage? Just a little something for them to enjoy their trip. I looked at Bon Voyage and didn't see anything I thought our boys would like.

Yes.

We always have a goody bag for our cabin, it goes with our bon voyage bottles for happy hour. :cool:

I never went hungry, but I did find they were lacking in 'snacks'. You can always get pizza and real food, but sometimes you just want a little treat, like some chips or a candy bar. Yeah, you can buy some of that in the gift shop or get pretzels/chips with room service, but that can be a hassle. I would definitely bring your sons some goodies, not only will they be practical, i'm sure they will love the surprise! I brought a bag of trail mix and although I think I only ate some once or twice, it hit the spot at the time.

Just another tip, we would grab a box of cereal in the morning and snack on it between lunch and dinner.

for my junk food attacks during the day, I go to the grill and get the homemade chips and put cheese sauce on them..

The one thing that is hard to come by on a ship is a salty crunchy type snack. They have some chips in the shop but they are mighty proud of them!

thats why I do the chips at the grill.

though you have to salt them yourself .. if they are salted, I cant tell, but i eat a lot of salt.

You could always bring some of them back to your cabin for later, but they would not stay fresh more than that day like that.

I find it helpful to have snacks to take on excursions. We pack peanut butter crackers, fruit snacks & gold fish.

Just remember that its supposed to be sealed still to take off into the ports.. especially anything that has real fruit in it.

OP the boxes of cereal in the buffet in the morning are sealed if all else fails.

Fruit loops will give your kids a taste like a snack. Or cherios for something more healthy.

Again yes. I have a son with autism. I bring all his food with us. Peanut butter, jelly, Ring Dings (like ding dongs) , Goldfish, Rice krispy treats, Chips. I walked on with 4 loaves of bread and no one said anything. This year we had our first cruise that he actually ate any of the ships food. He had 4-5 boxes of Fruit loops for breakfast and a double order of fries for dinner. We're making progress :)

FYI they do sell some salty snacks in the gift shop but they are pricey.

Pringles travel great, nice to have that can even if you never open it. Sometimes just knowing a salty snack is there if needed helps!! LOL You can bring fruit from the Lido to your room and make your own little fruit basket for healthy snacks also. Room service has chips with sandwish also and a great choc cake that is big enough to split just to get that little fix!! I love to order the relish plate with fresh veggies and dip, love that I don't have to cut them up myself!!!

I think I will bring peanut butter and maybe some Ritz crackers next time. DS doesn't eat a lot of things. The only time I could find peanut butter was at breakfast, and it was the type you scooped into a little tub and was really liquidy. I brought some back for later in the day and picked up a plain wrap from the burito place, as it closes early, for him to put it on, but he didn't like the look of the PB. We brought cans of pop on board but the kiddos barely touched that, I think snack items would have been a better choice.

I always bring on snacks for 9 year old DS when ever we cruise and usually includes: individual packages of goldfish; graham crackers; mini oreos; fiber bars and smart pop popcorn. He enjoys eating these in our cabin and we don't have to spend ridiculous amounts of money in the ship's shop for snacks. Oh, and we also bring a bag of pretzel chips and maybe two small packages of M&Ms.

Typically, everything is gone by the last day and if not, I just bring them back home since everything is individually packaged.

Sure ..

You might also throw in some sealed stuff, like bars, or little bags of chips. it has to be sealed to take it into ports by law.

While not a bad personal policy to follow, it isn't necessarily true that the only food you can take into a port is something that is sealed. Food import restrictions are complicated and vary widely (even by jurisdiction within the same country). No one here could possibly purport to know every regulation for every port to which Carnival sails.

But the advice is still good.

The one thing that is hard to come by on a ship is a salty crunchy type snack. They have some chips in the shop but they are mighty proud of them!

So right, and I wonder why that is? Princess has chips and salsa late at night and occasionally I find it on other lines in the afternoon, but that is about it, with the exception of popcorn at the evening movie. The stuff you buy in the gift shops is of course overpriced, but I usually give in and buy a bag of something salty for a snack. Bringing your own if you have kids sounds like a good idea to me.

While not a bad personal policy to follow, it isn't necessarily true that the only food you can take into a port is something that is sealed. Food import restrictions are complicated and vary widely (even by jurisdiction within the same country). No one here could possibly purport to know every regulation for every port to which Carnival sails.

But the advice is still good.

I didnt say that is the law in every port, but there are a lot of restrictions.. so its easier to be safe than sorry. I think I said fruit is especially under a lot of restrictions. (how is that, that you read into that, that I said its the law in every port and I know every law). reading and getting way too picky. this was a idea thread ..

As a general rule of thumb you cant go wrong bringing sealed snacks into the ports.

No one purported to know every regulation... you are reading too much into what I said with my better to be safe than sorry ideas.

Archived