Upgrade at check in question?

TxKroozer

Just wondering if anyone has ever experienced notification of an upgrade at the time of check in, and if you we're upgraded, what happened to your luggage which logically would have been handed tot the porters using bag tags with your previous cabin assignment.

Friends of ours had their cabin upgraded once from Inside to OV by the cruiseline without having requested it (no advanced notice, just realized it when they got on the ship). They actually had to go to their originally assigned room to retreive their luggage from outside of that cabin after they realized it wasn't coming.

Just wondering if anyone has ever experienced notification of an upgrade at the time of check in, and if you we're upgraded, what happened to your luggage which logically would have been handed tot the porters using bag tags with your previous cabin assignment.

Yes and I had to go to the original cabin to find our luggage on one occasion. The other times they must have had a system to relocate the luggage.

We were upgraded on the Rhapsody sailing to Alaska last summer, and we found out at check-in. At first, the agent had trouble getting our reservation to come up. Then, he couldn't find our Sea Passes. After a supervisor helped out, they determined we had been upgraded.

Now, the agent assured us that the bags would be delivered to our new cabin (a junior suite). But, I wound up going to our old cabin and finding the bags there. So, I hauled them up myself.

In our suite, the excursion tickets for the people who had been assigned the suite were there, along with their water package.

They showed up, unaware that they had also been upgraded, and they were livid. They didn't understand that they had to be upgraded, since we had been. They went down to the purser's desk, probably to get up thrown out.

The steward brought our excursion tickets shortly before leaving Seattle. The soda package cups arrived while we were at dinner. My son didn't get his Crown & Anchor kids kit until the next morning.

And, our agent never got an e-mail from RC telling her about the upgrade. It was one of the few times that has happened.

We received an upgrade (from D1 to GS) and were never notified. We found out when our key didn't work in the D1 cabin door. We went down to customer service, and they told us that we went to the "wrong room". We were given a new room number, and it wasn't until we opened the door that we realized we had been given an upgrade.

To get our luggage, we had to notify our new steward that our luggage was tagged with the "wrong number". Then, we went down to the "wrong room" and told the steward there. Eventually, we found our luggage in the area of the "wrong room" and had someone re-deliver it to the "right area". It was kind of annoying to have to spend time on the first day of the cruise tracking down our luggage, but in the longrun, it wasn't really that big a deal.

Our upgrade on Sept 1 cruise on Oasis from balcony to JS was last minute. We went to guest relations and it was redirected to us early afternoon.:)

Just out of curiosity, what kind of balcony did you have? D1?

I have a D7 so wondering if they only upgrade D1 (or perhaps even D2) to JS, or if I might get lucky :-)

Do they also upgrade from D2-D8 to D1 (larger balcony)?

Archived