Check Those Prices!

kc320

Was checking prices this morning for our Dec. Family cruise...final payment is due Sat. and Lo & Behold we had a price drop!! $135 pp...doing the Happy..Happy Price Drop Dance...so it pay's to keep checking those prices!

I have learned to check frequently, especially checking on our roll call boards and this morning there was one mentioned on our Feb cruise. So I looked and was able to upgrade a little bit and saved enough to pay for half our hotel room! I'll keep looking... maybe I can pay for the other half!

We just received a $107 pp price drop on our Dec. 8th sailing. Since I had already paid in full for the cruise the $214 difference went back to my credit card. Now I have a $214 credit on the card to spend. Whoo Hoo.

How did you get a price drop after final payment? Thought they did not allow that anymore??:confused:

How did you get a price drop after final payment? Thought they did not allow that anymore??:confused:

They may have made their final payment, but weren't past the final payment window.

I just called rccl on my cruise, which is after final payment, and of course got the same unwelcome response of "Tough - - - -." Of course she didn't say it like that but that is what I understood her to say :D

They may have made their final payment, but weren't past the final payment window.

I just called rccl on my cruise, which is after final payment, and of course got the same unwelcome response of "Tough - - - -." Of course she didn't say it like that but that is what I understood her to say :D

Maybe...but their cruise is before mine...& our final pmt. is due this week...maybe using the phrase "just" got a price drop is a relative term...I took it to mean right now...maybe it was a few weeks ago...oh well...just curious....

Hi! Did those of you finding price drops, book your cruise through RCI? What If I booked through a TA? Should I keep checking the prices and if they drop , call the TA for an adjustment? Not sailing 'till 5/3/2013, so last pmt due in February. My price was $1099. for a OV balcony, cabin 8304. I'm 55+ and my sister is not but our prices were the same. Thanks.

We have just gotten a price reduction on our Nov.29th JOS cruise. Our friends had paid in full and also received the price reduction as a credit on their credit card.

Are you located in the States? I know across the pond has different rules for price drops than here in the states...

I see by some of your prior post's that your final payment was not yet "due"...which is correct...you will receive a price drop even if you are paid in full IF it is not past Royals Final Pmt. Date...

Hi! Did those of you finding price drops, book your cruise through RCI? What If I booked through a TA? Should I keep checking the prices and if they drop , call the TA for an adjustment? Not sailing 'till 5/3/2013, so last pmt due in February. My price was $1099. for a OV balcony, cabin 8304. I'm 55+ and my sister is not but our prices were the same. Thanks.

I booked thru a TA...once I saw the price drop I just emailed her & she called RCL for me...be sure to check the 55+ box..along with your state box...you never know when one might show up...

Maybe...but their cruise is before mine...& our final pmt. is due this week...maybe using the phrase "just" got a price drop is a relative term...I took it to mean right now...maybe it was a few weeks ago...oh well...just curious....

Could be the OP's cruise was less than 6 days, so the final payment date was 60 days before, rather than the 75 days for longer cruise.

I thought you was locked into the price once you made the reservation. So if the price drops before you make your final payment you can have the price changed? Can someone please explain. I have been cruising for a few years and i am a last minute buyer. To me you can get really good deals when you book last minute but it is very risky. Any thoughts

I thought you was locked into the price once you made the reservation. So if the price drops before you make your final payment you can have the price changed? Can someone please explain. I have been cruising for a few years and i am a last minute buyer. To me you can get really good deals when you book last minute but it is very risky. Any thoughts

Royal's policy is that if the price drops before the final payment date (regardless if final payment has been made), you can get the lower price. This does not apply to prices that are for new bookings only.

Could be the OP's cruise was less than 6 days, so the final payment date was 60 days before, rather than the 75 days for longer cruise.

Our cruise is only 3nts...and final pmt is due the Sept.29th...90 days out...wonder if RCL is considering our's a holiday cruise because it's Dec. 28th thereby requiring pmt earlier?

Our cruise is only 3nts...and final pmt is due the Sept.29th...90 days out...wonder if RCL is considering our's a holiday cruise because it's Dec. 28th thereby requiring pmt earlier?

Yes, I guess they are considering it a holiday cruise, though it seems odd since you are not cruising on Christmas or New Years.

Archived