Parking in NYC

Donna_In_India

I posted this today on the East Coast Departure board.

We parked at Alliance Parking on 43rd st. near 11th ave. It cost $112.00 for a week if you pay online. It is a ten minute walk from the ship. Not for everyone, but worth saving $133.00 for me.

With that many people, did you consider renting a party bus, or something similar? We (my husband and i and our 3 year old twins) are cruising out of NYC in 3 weeks and we are coming from the south jersey shore. We hired a limo to drop us off/pick us up. It's costing us $500 total round trip and I roughly estimated that between gas, tolls and parking we would spend about $350 for us to drive ourselves. For me, the extra $150 is well worth it to be dropped off at the door, to not have to worry about driving (we can just sit back and relax and maybe even have a mimosa or 2!!) and we don't have to worry about leaving our car in a parking garage for a week.

I posted this today on the East Coast Departure board.

We parked at Alliance Parking on 43rd st. near 11th ave. It cost $112.00 for a week if you pay online. It is a ten minute walk from the ship. Not for everyone, but worth saving $133.00 for me.

I just found them through Google. Looks like a good deal. Glad to hear some first-hand experience. Was going to go into NYC and check it out. Since I'm paying for everyone - saving almost $400 is totally worth it!!

Park at the pier. More money but the convenience is worth it. You are minutes

From the port entrance. Also, ask the other adults to chip in. After all it is a cruise for them too. If you decide to park elsewhere, drop the luggage off and passengers, park, then ride or walk back. I hope this helps

Will have 3 cars (12 people) coming from NJ to NYC. Trying to figure out how to get us all there. Anyone find any inexpensive parking garages not too far from the pier(s)?

Park across the river on Imperial Ferry parking and take the ferry across the river. Very convinient and easy. You don't need to drive to the NYC:

http://www.nywaterway.com/NewsDetails.aspx?iid=450&spotlocation=MAIN

• 1 year later...

On parking charges, this is NEW YORK CITY & parking taxes is 18 1/4% alone and $40 daily for pier's rooftop parking is all inclusive with no additional surcharge for SUV, minivans & even XLT suburbans/full size vans/extended pickup cabs.

To save money, folks (those coming from upstate NY, NJ, DE/MD/PA/VA, etc. ) use the paid parking lot for the duration at the NYW's Port Imperial Ferry Terminal in Weehawken on the NJ side. Next, take a short ferry ride over WITH their luggage, and either taxi the short ride up a few blocks or simply push/pull/backpack their way. Managed by Central Parking System and current outdoor/indoor rates of $13 to $15 daily (every 24 hours) including taxes - park on the higher floor during hurricane season in the unlikely event that the ground level lot is flooded by rising sea level (think Superstorm Sandy.) Add the RT costs of ferry rides for everyone + taxi fares to calculate your actual savings. http://www.nywaterway.com/IndoorParkingGarage.aspx

Of course, you can also take your chances and park legally for up to 7 days in some of the neighborhoods in NYC's other boroughs for free (i.e. Howard Beach with no ASP near JFK) at your own RISKS - and bus/subway/walk and/or car service to the Pier. Personally, I do NOT recommend doing so - for variety of obvious reasons.

Edited by mking8288