island princes hawaii

antsp

We just came off the Island and stopped off at that port due to customs requirements. They have what they call a shopping center on the pier, but is really a small building with numerous shops inside, and when 2,000 people try to squeeze inside you can imagine what fun that is. They have shuttle buses that take you into town for $2.00 per person each ways. We went back to the ship, it was much more fun.

Harold

I had planned to stay on, but DH wants to take DD since she has never been to Mexico and it could be a big deal for a child. Of course, after seeing the beautiful Islands, Ensenada will be a let down! LOL We plan to go look for the little taco restaurant that we ate at in 1992 on our honeymoon.... but that is about it! No time for anything like La Bufadora or anything like that.

Be sure to explain ahead of time about the young children and babies begging in Mexico if your daughter hasn't seen this before. You will see them and the grandmothers sitting on the streets giving chicklet gum and other trinkets for money. It was tough for me to handle as an adult even having seen the poor begging for money in many ports. It might be difficult for a child to comprehend. These children can also be very forceful. Ensenada was our least favorite port for lots of reasons. If there again, no chance I would leave the ship. Very sad but something I want to avoid.

How does Princess meet the requirements of Passengers Services Act (I think thAT WHAT ITS CALLED) that requires you stop at a foreign port....when we sailed with Celebrity we had to get off in Ensenadea and ride a bus to San Diego....the ship sailed empty to SanDiego.

How does Princess meet the requirements of Passengers Services Act (I think thAT WHAT ITS CALLED) that requires you stop at a foreign port....when we sailed with Celebrity we had to get off in Ensenadea and ride a bus to San Diego....the ship sailed empty to SanDiego.

The ship stops in Ensenada but the final port is back in Los Angeles. You are in Ensenada for 4 hours and can get off the ship.

Ensenada is now "been there, done that" for us too. If we get off the ship, it's to go to that little tourist trap mentioned above to buy a trinket for the MIL. The town means trying to evade the beggers and the aggressive merchants. If you're on a longer stay in Ensenada -- with a lot of college aged kids -- expect to see some people stagger on aboard from their visit to Husseins.:rolleyes:

My interest in Ensenada is to buy my antibiotics at the pharmacy next to the ship. I hope it is still there since its been around 3 years since last there. Some of my pill bottle are getting out of date and I need a fresh supply. My wife thought that the leather store had some nice merchandise. I can imagine the elbow to elbow crowd that will be there.

John L.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I'm on the Regal and we have the same short stop in Ensenada. I too would like to visit a pharmacy for allergy med. I had great luck in Belize and spent $49 saved $140.

So any details on a pharmacy in Ensenada would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Yes its still there. Saw it in March and its still as busy as ever.

We werent required to get off the ship but went for a walk dockside to see the shopping mall. It was heaving so I came out straight away but I did see the pharmacy and they were doing a great trade.

Jimmy

When we got off the ship last year, it was so crowded, you couldn't even move in the "shopping area" we fought our way out and back onto the ship.

Several passengers had their wallets and valuables stolen.........wouldn't do it again :(

We did the sailing with IP on Feb.10/07. The port of Ensenada was full. The IP was dead in the water about one half mile off of Ensenada. The pilot boat came out, did what they had to do and we were on our way again. This took ONLY about one half hour. Of our 33 cruises, we felt that this one was one of the best.:D Happy Sailings.....Leslie Swiger:)

We are doing the Oct 11 2008 Hawaii Cruise and coming back we stop in Ensenada for an hour, why do they even go there for just an hour.Take that hour and add to one of the HI Ports. We probably will be doing some pre packing. Rechecked out arrival time in Ensenada no worries, we will all be fast alseep, 1 AM to 2 AM

We are doing the Oct 11 2008 Hawaii Cruise and coming back we stop in Ensenada for an hour, why do they even go there for just an hour.Take that hour and add to one of the HI Ports. We probably will be doing some pre packing. Rechecked out arrival time in Ensenada no worries, we will all be fast alseep, 1 AM to 2 AM
The U.S. Passenger Services Act requires a stop in a foreign port - without one the ship and it's passengers are subject to a legally imposed fine - before the ship returns to Los Angeles. More than likely, if your stop is only one hour, they will not allow passengers off the ship.

Archived