Where does QM dock at Rotterdam and Zeebrugge?

funinhounslow

Hi :p

Just booked our first Cunard cruise, the autumn getaway calling at Rotterdam, Zeebrugge, and Le Havre. Is there any way of finding out exactly where the QM will dock at each of these ports? I would like to know if it is possible to get to the centre of Rotterdam, Brugges and Le Havre "under our own steam" by walking, public transport or taxi rather than book the Cunard tours

Thanks in advance for your help. This is our first "proper" cruise (though we were regulars on EasyCruise when that little line was going) and browsing this forum has been a great help

We have recently been to those ports on QM2. If you zoom all the way in on these ports on this Google map , you will see EXACTLY where we berthed.

You can walk to the centre of Rotterdam, Cunard (or somebody) provides a shuttle into Loo Arve (as the French pronounce it) and to get to Brugges, we took the free shuttle to nearby Blankenberge from Zeebrugge and then the local train to Brugges (it was very easy, but a fair bit of walking is required in Brugges).

Barry

For Bruges from Zeebrugge we booked an 8-passenger van from taxisnel (google it) for 50 Euros each way. Divided among the passengers (someone set it up via the roll call thread) it was on the order of $15 per person round trip. The van dropped us and picked us up at the markt (central square) in Bruges, saving about a mile of walking each way from the Bruges train station.

In Zeebrugge you have to ride a free shuttle to the port gate. Later in the day the shuttle also runs from the gate back to the ship, although the guards allowed the taxi to drive to the ship on our return.

I should add that my Zeebrugge experince is only with Princess; they also had a paid shuttle to Blankenberge that I think might be free with Cunard (?).

I should add that my Zeebrugge experince is only with Princess; they also had a paid shuttle to Blankenberge that I think might be free with Cunard (?).

Yes - the Cunard shuttle is complimentary. I have heard reports where people who organised taxis were left taxi-less for the return journey (ie the taxi didn't show up) - causing panic. Personally, I am mistrustful of pre-arranging taxis for this reason.

We caught the train to both Brugge and Ghent (two different ship visits) and I have to say that the actual train rides were very enjoyable and a good experience. I would now feel much easier in planning any train travel in Belgium - the train service, trains and train stations are very good.

Taxis and taxi drivers - I can do without.!! :D

Archived