Bringing Food, Flowers etc on board

slomotion

We're on a RT LA - Hawaii & will probably visit a Farmers Market in Hilo.

I have no idea what, if anything we might find in fruits, flowers or nuts, etc. and wondered what the US Ag restrictions are on bringing food or flowers on board from a port stop.

I have no idea what, if anything we might find in fruits, flowers or nuts, etc. and wondered what the US Ag restrictions are on bringing food or flowers on board from a port stop.

You may want to check with the passenger services desk before that port to make sure you'll be allowed to bring on fruit. You'll definitely have to consume it before you get back to LA. The exception is if it gets specially packaged (and not opened) for import to LA (I know, it's the same country) as there are very strict laws about bringing food items off the ship there.

We were on the Golden a couple of years ago and there was always fresh fruit available in the Horizon.

There will be a bus at the port that will take you directly to the farmer's market for no charge. You can always give them a buck or two but they don't ask for it -- even if they provide you with a rain poncho. The farmer's market is incredible and they do allow you to bring the fruit and flowers onboard but as other's have said, you cannot take them back off the ship.

There will be a bus at the port that will take you directly to the farmer's market for no charge. You can always give them a buck or two but they don't ask for it -- even if they provide you with a rain poncho. The farmer's market is incredible and they do allow you to bring the fruit and flowers onboard but as other's have said, you cannot take them back off the ship.

Thanks to you & everyone else for their input.

slomo

Archived