Boardwalk balcony cabin noise??

We are booked in cabin 12329 on the Allure of the Seas. It is the last cabin aft and backs up to the public balcony/deck area on the 12th floor. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this cabin and if so, did you hear people hanging out on the public balcony deck at night? It seems like this might be a tempting location for people to hang out at night and i'm very sensitive to noise.

I had room 11327 - one deck down and one room over from your room. People were hardly ever out there. During sail-away, there was a group out there, and occasionally here and there a person might go out there for a few minutes - basically, it was the people in the rooms right next to us. It is a long walk down the corridor to get to it, so you do not get walk by traffic.

The room was very quiet - you could barely hear anything from the Boardwalk unless the slider was opened. Even during movies and shows, the sound was muffled - as for the public balcony, you are actually sheltered from it by the staff area.

Enjoy!

We are booked in cabin 12329 on the Allure of the Seas. It is the last cabin aft and backs up to the public balcony/deck area on the 12th floor. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this cabin and if so, did you hear people hanging out on the public balcony deck at night? It seems like this might be a tempting location for people to hang out at night and i'm very sensitive to noise.

I was in that exact room a couple of weeks ago - it is a great room and we had the best steward ever, hopefully Mitzi will still be taking care of you.

The public balcony nearby was very seldomly used on my cruse and is just far enough away that there is no issue with noise. Even with the balcony door shut you will hear noise from the Boardwalk if something is going on (Aqua show, Rita's Fiesta party or movies). Usually by midnight everything is quiet, but one night a movie was shown at the Aqua Theater that went on to about 1am. Things are pretty quiet in the morning on the Boardwalk, so if your balcony door is shut there should be no noise issues in the morning. The stateroom itself is great; awesome views of the Aqua show (and their practices) right from your balcony, good view of the ocean and good view of the Boardwalk. Only negative is a bit of a walk to nearest stairs/elevators.

My photo album from the cruise has some pictures of the balcony and the view from the balcony: http://s497.photobucket.com/albums/rr333/buffy88nw/Allure%20Cruise/

We were in 12723 and I wasn't bothered by noise at all when trying to sleep. We were the only ones on the hidden balcony area and it wasn't too loud on on our balcony with the aqua show and all that. With the door shut and locked, the noise was much much much less if any. I had no problems sleeping but I sleep like a rock but my DH said he heard some noise a few nights.

Archived