Why I choose Seabourn

Archipelago

There is some discussion from time to time about all of the amenities that Seabourn has to offer. I was thinking that all of those things can be purchased where I live or close to where I live so I can have them here if I want . The reason I choose Seabourn is the opportunity to meet interesting people. I understand that most are well educated and traveled and that is what I look forward to . The best cruises that I ever took were because of the other passengers. So in my case the friendships made are what makes the cruise !!!!!

John

For me, it's the ambiance and service that are No. 1. I appreciate small hotels and find those amenities onboard Seabourn. It's the fact that they know me by name that is the clincher. I find I can meet interesting peeople a close second, of course.

Jane in PHL

To me it's truly a "stress-free" vacation. Your only worry is how you are going to cope with reality once you disembark! Cruises on larger mainstream ships seem to have their own sets of challenges that cause problems for the passenger.

Seabourn really has all bases covered in terms of service, food, size and entertainment.

HERE! HERE! I totally agree with the prerequisite of the ambiance of the other guest, good food, and service. The staff and or crew make all the difference...we find THAT is the difference from the other ships.

For me, it's the intimacy of sailing on a large yacht with great service, getting to know fellow passengers and crew, and then running into many of these new "friends" on subsequent sailings, and on sister ships.

The iitineraries and shore excursions are also outstanding, the best in the industry.

Denyse

As I usually do, I agree with Denyse--Old friends, both fellow cruisers and Seabourn's wonderful personnel, always make us feel that we are truly coming home. Since staff is often rotated from one triplet to another, we have little problem reacquainting ourselves on any one (although we are partial to Pride). My brother and sister have vacation homes; ours is Seabourn.

I also agree with the gang -- am I the only one who goes crazy when they see the Celebrity cruise line ad " Yesterday I was treated like royalty, I think of this as a temporary exile..." I am sorry but on a ship that size who are they kidding? On Seabourn I like to think of everyone as royalty incognito -- at least that is how we are all treated.

Chairsin, I have the same reaction you do. I cannot imagine how such a large ship could make one feel so personally welcome, but obviously it does.

On another subject, I, too, was so sorry to read of your burglary. I suspect if I were a crook, I'd expect the "good stuff" to be in a nice, gated community, but it certainly takes a chunk out of ones faith in humanity. Of course, good health is the most valuable asset we can have, and you don't need a gated community for that. :-)

Denyse

Archived