Booked Independence Mar 16-24 2013

gargeo83

• 4 weeks later...
Just booked Independence! How have past Independence cruisers enjoyed this ship? Any tips and "must do's"?

Indy is a fantastic ship, we sailed on her in 2009 and are booked for the Dec 8th cruise as well. Roomy public areas and fantastic food. Fabulous entertainment. My favorite cookies in the promenade, great free coffee and tea 24/7, tasty menus in the NDR..... The cabin was great. I hear there have been a few changes since 2009, so we are hoping it will be as enjoyable on this next cruise as well. You should have a great cruise. Enjoy!

We are sailing on this cruise as well.

I'm curious about entertainment. Do we have to sign up for the nightly shows or just show up for them? (is it only the 2 larger super ships that have reserved seating?)

Do they run the same show 2x each night? (for early and late dinner sittings?)

Do they have drink specials (ie: happy hour with buy a drink get one for $1 type deal).

Can you buy a beer package or just wine? What are the prices for a bottle of wine (I don't need 5 bottles, just 1 or 2 will do). I assume it's cheaper to pay for the bottle as apposed to a glass

We're in 2 adjoining (uh, er, connecting) ocean view rooms.

Can't wait to sail! :)

Come join us on our Roll Call for this cruise. Go to the Roll Call section, find RCI then Indpendence of the Seas, find "March 16, 2013 8 nights on Indy." There has been talk about a few private tours.

Last week, RCI was having a Canadian Residency sale. Make sure you ask your TA or if booked directly with RCI about it and see if your price dropped.

We are also from Toronto.

We are sailing on this cruise as well.

I'm curious about entertainment. Do we have to sign up for the nightly shows or just show up for them? (is it only the 2 larger super ships that have reserved seating?) Just show up. Only Oasis, Allure, Freedom, and Liberty have pre-reserved shows at this time.

Do they run the same show 2x each night? (for early and late dinner sittings?) Yes, but there might be an exception or two.

Do they have drink specials (ie: happy hour with buy a drink get one for $1 type deal). Don't know.

Can you buy a beer package or just wine? What are the prices for a bottle of wine (I don't need 5 bottles, just 1 or 2 will do). I assume it's cheaper to pay for the bottle as apposed to a glass. Only wine has a package. Prices vary, you have to check out specific wines to see if the package saves money. Bottles are cheaper than glasses, and not all wine is available by the glass.

We're in 2 adjoining (uh, er, connecting) ocean view rooms.

Can't wait to sail! :)

See answers in RED.

Archived