La Terre? kidding, right?

kymbakitty

So you are agreeing with me the price $3.69 was for La Terre Cellars Chardonnay750ml Not 1.75 Like in the OP's original post.

Are you kidding?

Does it make that much of a difference if this cr*p wine is $3.71 for a bottle or a bigger bottle? Are you joking????

I was being slightly sarcastic (as in.....you can buy this stuff for $5.00 a gallon).....but the bottom line is that it is just awful and even half serious red wine drinkers (I.e., Rodney Strong, Toasted Head, Dynomite, Blackstone) won't drink this stuff....and could care less if it free.

If you like this wine.....more power to you. I don't care if you like it....why should you take issue if I don't?

More for you.....right?

I was pleasantly surprised by the decent quality liquor available in the diamond lounge and found it odd such crappy wine was available. I do not care if it is free, La Terre is horrible. Led to me drinking cocktails instead of wine, so no big deal - but it would be very nice if they upgraded the wine offerings. Plenty of adequate wines retail for about $7 to $10 per bottle. Overall the alcohol and food available was better than at the equivalent Celebrity event, so that was a plus.

Yea I was just having fun, sorry if I made you mad.

Nah.....not at all.

You can't get mad at replies from message boards.

First off, and most importantly, you can't hear the person talking.

Sans inflection, you could be saying something entirely different than the way it reads on paper.

That's actually the problem with indirect communication in general.

:-)

There are plenty of decent inexpensive wines; La Terre isn’t one of them. Even for free, we generally don’t drink it. If the ship has a CL or DL we’ll likely have a cocktail, club soda, or purchase wine at another bar. If just a D event – we’ll go and order what we want at 25% off or not go at all.

Last cruise we used the BOGO at Vintages and had some very nice glasses of wine. We even took one glass to the DL to meet friends for drink.

I agree that the La Terra is not very good, but no one is forced to drink it. I guess RCCL is smarter than all of us. Imagine how much wine they would give away if they offered something that was actually drinkable.

Cheers

M

Most people (not all) that spend what they do for suites, AND are regular wine drinkers, are probably not going to drink the stuff in the CL because it's free. Yes, there are exceptions, but I'm not going to drink Bud, or MJD or whatever else they serve in the CL because my days of drinking domestic beer (exception is Samuel Adam's) ended in my mid 30's. Oh trust me, I know that Bud is still the #1 beer selling in America so the fact that I won't waste my calories on the liquid hurts no one. I like a Bass Ale if I'm going to have a bottle of beer. I prefer draft micro-brews, but when in Rome.....well, when in Rome, I'll pass. Seriously, I would never drink a Bud because that was all they had...this has happened on a few occasions and I'll select a soda.

:-)

There's no excuse for the CL to run out of Heineken or Amstel, since its readily available throughout the ship. But the way they manage their inventory, each bar or lounge has to get their own, and they can't borrow a bottle from another bar. On one Mariner sailing, they had no vodka on the first night and had to wait until Day 2 to get more. There's no excuse for that, either.

It is the worst wine I have ever had the displeasure of drinking. It makes no sense that top shelf liquors are available in the CL but the wine is the worst of the worst. There have been posts about this issue before and no improvement while many have expressed displeasure for several years. It is one area that really makes RC look bad. We pay a lot of $$ to stay in a suite. I don't think it's unreasonable to have better wines and more choices.

There are some very good, inexpensive wines out there that are well-rated and taste good. RC buys massive quantities and, I'm sure, gets discounted accordingly.

The hard liquor is by no means top shelf - we usually see Dewar's, Smirnoff (Absolut one in a blue moon) and Jack Daniels, can't recall the gin.

On our Brilliance TA they ran out of the La Terre Chardonnay and started serving the Aussieres (sp) by Lafite, which I guess is their (Lafite) table wine. It was quite a bit tastier. I will say that sometimes the LT Chardonnay is drinkable, and less frequently, so is the Cab. But I agree that they should be serving a better wine, and it they're going to have this new alliance with Lafite, maybe they should start with that.

I guess I'm just lucky, I'm one of those people with a very insensitive palate. I find La Terre quite drinkable, but then my two favourite wines are Trader Joe's Venetian Moon and Tuscan Moon at $4.99 a bottle. I can't tell the difference between Smirnoff and Grey Goose unless I see the bottle and Jack Daniels tastes like bourbon to me. I love the food in the MDR, in fact I think the prime rib, lamb shanks and roast duck are excellent. Not being a connoisseur (or a wine and food snob) makes life so much more enjoyable.:rolleyes:

Archived