Northern Europe Grand Adventure

Riviera bound

I am not seeing any cruise called Princess Northern Europe Grand Adventure, but do see Scandimavia and Russia on the Emerald Perincess roundtrip Copenhagen starting that date.

If this is what you are considering, then you are thinking of one great cruise. When we took it the itinerary was slightly different and we went to Poland instead of Germany and Aarhus. It is basically one of those "cruises of a lifetime."

For St.Petersburg, you can't go wrong with an independent two-day excursion by one of the recommended tour companies there (Red October, Denrus, etc.).

If you go, be sure to purchase in advance the DVD by former Princess Cruise Director and current port lecturer John Lawrence. It is extremely informative about the ports you will be visiting and lets your plan your visits for maximum enjoyment. http://johnlawrencecd.com/

Is there any particular question you have about this cruise?

I'm on that cruise, can't wait! I'm looking forward to all the ports on the first section and relaxing on the TA portion! I've been to Greenland, Iceland, Halifax but worth going again.

I'm getting the Lawrence DVD and plan on doing hop on/hop off buses in some ports. I've had good luck with those in ports (Barcelona for one)!

I am not seeing any cruise called Princess Northern Europe Grand Adventure, but do see Scandimavia and Russia on the Emerald Perincess roundtrip Copenhagen starting that date.

I finally found it with the hint it included a Trans-Atlantic cruise.

For the TA part, it is a great list of ports. Due to North Atlantic weather there may be a port or two that will be missed, but the ports that you do get to are all worth visiting.

Especially good is that you get a second day in Oslo which really allows enough time to visit all the great attractions the city has. If you are a senior citizen, the Oslo Pass available at the tourist booth at the dock is a fantastic value, covering admission to all the best venues as well as public transportation to get there.

Thanks to all for your ideas and comments. I'm having a little trouble convincing my husband. It's the long flight over, not the sailing. This year we toured in Switzerland for 3 days, did a Rhine River Cruise on Avalon and then toured on our own for a week in Germany. I agree that doing the countries on your own was wonderful. We had friends in Switzerland and Germany so had the best of tour guides. We used Eurail and car.

Clare

I'm on that cruise, can't wait! I'm looking forward to all the ports on the first section and relaxing on the TA portion! I've been to Greenland, Iceland, Halifax but worth going again.

I'm getting the Lawrence DVD and plan on doing hop on/hop off buses in some ports. I've had good luck with those in ports (Barcelona for one)!

We have not been to any of the ports except New York City. It would be a great way to see a little of a lot of countries I think. We used a hop on hop off bus in Santiago, Chile and thought it was quite a good way to see the city and choose the places to get off where we wanted to explore. The Lawrence DVD does sound good.

Clare

Recently completed this itinerary aboard the Emerald. The cruise was amazing, though very port intensive. 2 sea days well placed for some recoup time. Two days in St Petersburg were amazing. The ship was fantastic, absolutely no complaints. Have fun. If you have a balcony room sailing through the Fjords in Norway and sailing into Stockholm on your own balcony is breathtaking. Would go again. Just rest up.

Archived