For all the Chicos fans

Happy ks

This week I received a $25 off any purchase, no minimum, combinable with other coupons. So, I went last night and tried on a million things, fortunately had my daughter with me and kept me from purchasing, her words, a hideous t shirt. I ended up buying a pair of cropped pants (apologies to those who hate them) a mustardy color, (more Dijon than Frenches yellow) very soft, I could sleep in them. Also had the 50% off (if you purchase $100 or more) one item coupon from the May catalog with me, so I decided to go for the Travellers no tummy long skirt, I have the long pants, short skirt and uneven hem skirt already. Plus, I already have several tops in differing degrees of style (casual, semi-formal and a bit of sparkle).

My point, beside bragging about my new finds, is that Chicos does not have to mean expensive. I paid $67.24 for the two pieces, without the coupons, these would have been $135.77. Chicos will automatically take the 50% off the more expensive item. If you are signed up to be in their passport club and have accumulated $500 in purchases, they automatically take off an additional 5% and do not charge for shipping their phone and online purchases.

I could do a commercial.:rolleyes:

Sounds like you did alright Kathy. The outfit you described sounds very pretty. We do not have a Chicos nearby but I sent for a cataloge but it has not yet arrived :( . They sent the passport card & I've look online but I'm a cataloge shopper -like to turn the pages as I please. I wear mostly petite sizes. Didn't remember if you said you were petite or not.I find that some manufacturers petite sizing to be a problem especially with dresses-some are still too long for me and sometimes they cannot be shortened easily. Looking forward to receiving my catalogue soon.

No, I'm not petite (almost 5'7", at least I used to be!) so someone who is will have to answer that question for you. The clothes I bought were not an outfit, I got a skirt and a pair of cropped pants. I was just adding to my collection.

Hi:) great purchase Kathy!

I wear a 14 Petite in most of my clothing and some of Chico's stuff fits me perfectly:D. Some of the pants actually have a shorter inseam which is wonderful for us short people!

Sounds like you did alright Kathy. The outfit you described sounds very pretty. We do not have a Chicos nearby but I sent for a cataloge but it has not yet arrived :( . They sent the passport card & I've look online but I'm a cataloge shopper -like to turn the pages as I please. I wear mostly petite sizes. Didn't remember if you said you were petite or not.I find that some manufacturers petite sizing to be a problem especially with dresses-some are still too long for me and sometimes they cannot be shortened easily. Looking forward to receiving my catalogue soon.

I love the look of Chico's but they are just too big for me. I'm 5 feet nothing and weigh about 100 pounds.

Their clothes are cut generously and they are just too long to have altered. Some of the very poncho like tops I can wear but not much else.

How I wish they would come out with a "real" petite line.

Calm seas,

Caroline

This week I received a $25 off any purchase, no minimum, combinable with other coupons.

My point, beside bragging about my new finds, is that Chicos does not have to mean expensive. Chicos will automatically take the 50% off the more expensive item. If you are signed up to be in their passport club and have accumulated $500 in purchases, they automatically take off an additional 5% and do not charge for shipping their phone and online purchases.

I could do a commercial.:rolleyes:

It does seem that they make it easier to get lower prices than a lot of other stores.

It's no wonder they have such a loyal customer base, they do a good job of marketing!

I love the look of Chico's but they are just too big for me. I'm 5 feet nothing and weigh about 100 pounds.

Their clothes are cut generously and they are just too long to have altered. Some of the very poncho like tops I can wear but not much else.

How I wish they would come out with a "real" petite line.

Calm seas,

Caroline

Caroline,

Didn't know this about Chico's clothing, thanks for responding. I find that so many of the clothing manufacturers really vary in fit when it comes to petite cuts. Understandably, many manufacturers vary depending on the brand for any garment but in petite sizing it can be downright ridiculous. I have found a few good brands that I'm happy with which hold up excellent to repeated wear but I keep reading about how wonderful Chico's clothing is and just wondered. Though I usually kept to very classic designs, I'm finding as I age & go down in sizing that I'm a little more adventursome. I do not like to pay good $$$ for clothing and then feel that I need to alter them.

Your purchases sound lovely, Kathy! And you got them at a great price, which makes them even better! I love Chico's stuff, but I'm still a little too fluffy to be able to fit in them. I'm working on that, though, so maybe soon!

fortunately had my daughter with me and kept me from purchasing, her words, a hideous t shirt.

LOL-that sounds like my daughter! I recently brought a top home from Ross that I thought was really cute and she suggested that I "burn it". :D

I do not like to pay good $$$ for clothing and then feel that I need to alter them.

Man - I did exactly that with a spring jacket I ordered from Coldwater Creek, The fabric was incredibly beautiful - an embroidered silk/linen blend - I really loved it. But, I ordered a SMALL, and the darn thing swallowed me. And - it had a very boxy shape - nothing like the picture in the catalogue. I paid 125.00 for it, and then another $25 to have it altered. It fits like it was made for me now - and it looks fabulous. But it will make me think twice about ordering from them again. :(

I have a Chicos wardrobe for travelling and I love it. All the pieces mix and match and I found it so much easier on my last cruise with their clothing.

I have the complete Travellers collection. Long skirt, capri pants, pants in both slim leg and wide leg. Also many tops to go under their jackets and shirts. I find their clothing to be so comfortable for formal night. I hate being in uncomfortable clothes.

I have even found some nice Chico's jackets and shirts at Marshalls as well.

I am petite 5' 1" and I have to have their clothes tailored in the length. The jackets and shirts fit me fine. I love their sales and do alot of buying on the internet.

I, too, wish they would offer a petite line or at least have their short pants in other colors. I'm going to shoot an email off to them and suggest it.

I find their clothes great for cruising, especially for dining attire.

Archived