honolulu car rental

Overpacker

I believe all the major rental companies do. Make sure you have the correct office.

We rented from Thrifty airport location once and when the van picked us up another couple got aboard. They had reserved from the Wakaki office. She got nasty when the driver would not take her there. It took a while to get her off the van. :rolleyes:

We felt sorry for her husband ;)

Have been to Oahu 8 times and have rented a car on most of them.

It is beautiful to drive the island and do your own circle island drive, Mormon temple, falls, bays, north shore and Dole plantation.

Did you know that most rental car companies on the islands only give you 3 choices in color red, white or blue (so the locals know who the rentals are).

Be careful and keep your valuable with you especially if your car is out of sight.

The north shore is notorious for break-ins. When you go and see the sea turtles, look at all the glass on the ground. Our motor club issued us a report of the number of car breakins before we last sailed. We booked it from home (rental), and this was a land vacation, we did not cruise.

Some may argue with this, but, just sharing what I know. We left someone with the car at the North shore and took turns seeing the turtles.

Parking if you can find it in Honolulu is very expensive.

Enjoy

Be safe

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

Most do not have a complimentary shuttle pick up at the pier. We just looked into this for our upcoming Hawaiian cruise. The Thrifty airport location and the Enterprise location on Ala Moana Blvd both have free shuttle pick up at the pier. I called them both a couple of days ago.

You might try Discount Hawaii Car Rental. They indicate that they offer services to cruise passengers. Cherie

We are using them on our upcoming cruise. They will get you a car reservation, info on pier pick up, and they have been good about answering questions for me via e-mail promptly.

They also got me a really good rate. :)

Archived