Atlantis submarine excursion?

svmodi

I will be on the Carnival Legend on 12/9/12. I was wondering if anyone has done the Atlantis submarine ride either in Cozumel or Grand Cayman? Can we do this excursion on our own (for less) or does it have to be done through the cruiseline? We would really like to see the coral reefs/marine life without getting wet (we are not swimmers or into snorkeling/diving). Just wondering if we will be able to see anything from the submarine and which port is better for this excursion - Cozumel or Grand Cayman? Please any insight/advice would be appreciated.

I will be on the Carnival Legend on 12/9/12. I was wondering if anyone has done the Atlantis submarine ride either in Cozumel or Grand Cayman? Can we do this excursion on our own (for less) or does it have to be done through the cruiseline? We would really like to see the coral reefs/marine life without getting wet (we are not swimmers or into snorkeling/diving). Just wondering if we will be able to see anything from the submarine and which port is better for this excursion - Cozumel or Grand Cayman? Please any insight/advice would be appreciated.

Haven't booked yet but probably doing Nautilus at the end of the month in Grand Cayman. Had some decent reviews on tripadvisor. I checked out the link to their website but no booking info, just their email/contact page. If we do this I will post back at the end of the month. :cool:

I looked at booking this directly and it was only $10 less per person than what my ship is charging, but did not include transportation. Since there is only two of us the savings would be too small to matter.

I believe the sub offices and dock are less than a five minute walk from the cruise ship pier, which would likely be why no transportation was included...

• 3 months later...

I know this is late, but maybe it will help some others.

I went on this excursion back in 2002, I know...a long time ago! And I have been on 7 cruises since then I think, it is still on my top 5 excursions of all time. The clarity of the water underneath is absolutely breath taking...you'd never imagine you could see so far down at the bottom. All kinds of things to see, great guides that know a lot about the fish, and not too cramped. I'd certainly recommend this to ANYONE. I am going back to Grand Cayman this April and will be doing the Submarine tour again 11 years after doing it the first time. My Dad and I still talk about this excursion.

We did this when we were there for our honeymoon. I think it was 99 apiece to book direct. I was impressed with the operation. We also did some diving that week so we took the night tour with the submarine. I know that isn't an option for a cruise excursion but if you ever have a chance I highly recommend it. We dove to 100 feet and then turned on the lights, the coral was brilliant in the spot lights and lots of curious fish came to check us out. It was easy to see even though it was full and was less claustrophobic than I expected.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Just did it last week on Grand Cayman. Went down to 105 feet, and it was awesome, great guide. Highly recommended. I booked online direct for $85, RCCL charged $119. They take your reservation, but do not charge you until you check in. It is only about a 5 minute walk, turn right as you exit the tender port.

Archived