Looking for the perfect beach on Cozumel

Folsom

OK, so on my first cruise we went to St. Maarten and we took a cab to Orient Beach. To date this has been my favorite beach experience and I am looking to duplicate it. I thought about what made it so nice and relaxing and I have developed my "wish list" for a beach while we are in port.

Please review my list and let me know if you can recommend one that comes close.

1. Within 30 minutes of the dock.

2. Chairs and umbrellas for rent.

3. Bar service (or a bar close by)

4. changing facilities

5. Not too crowded.

Thanks so much for your time if you decide to reply.

-F-

OK, so on my first cruise we went to St. Maarten and we took a cab to Orient Beach. To date this has been my favorite beach experience and I am looking to duplicate it. I thought about what made it so nice and relaxing and I have developed my "wish list" for a beach while we are in port.

Please review my list and let me know if you can recommend one that comes close.

1. Within 30 minutes of the dock.

2. Chairs and umbrellas for rent.

3. Bar service (or a bar close by)

4. changing facilities

5. Not too crowded.

Thanks so much for your time if you decide to reply.

-F-

We have only been to one beach in Cozumel--and that was Paradise Beach. We loved it there!

1. Paradise Beach is within 15 minutes from the dock.

2. Chairs and umbrellas are available for rent at $2.00/person.

3. Bar service is right there. You can walk up to the bar yourself or order a drink from your server who will deliver it right to your lounge chair.

4. Clean restrooms, showers and changing facilities.

5. There were 3 ships in port the day we were there and it was not crowded.

Food is also available to purchase at Paradise Beach. For an additional $12.00/person you can get a pass which allows you use of inflatable water toys and floats including kayaks, paddle boards and snorkeling equipment. There is also a large pool here.

I am not sure what the water was like at Orient Beach, but the water at Paradise Beach is not crystal clear--so you would not be able to see down to the bottom. Also entering the water is quite rocky, so wearing water shoes would be a good idea.

I have written a detailed review of our day at Paradise Beach that includes lots of photos too. You can check it out at the link below:

(My Paradise Beach review begins at post #26 and ends at post #30)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...1539800&page=2

Other popular beaches in Cozumel include Nachi-Cocom (All-inclusive), Mr. Sancho's (also All-inclusive) and Chankanaab.

An All-Inclusive beach club that meets all of your requirements is Nachi Cocom - limited to 100 guests per day, includes chairs, food, drinks, etc. Taxi each way takes 10-15 minutes and costs $15+tip for up to 4 in the cab.

Good luck! :)

• 2 weeks later...
# 5 "Not too crowded". Check out Playa Palancar.

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Beaches

2nd vote, we are going back in january, a little slice of heaven. Good food, inexpensive, absolutely lovely, uncrowded, free chairs with cushions, hammocks. Check out my inspiration review for some pictures. You can also google it, tripadvisor has some nice pix too.Very laid back.

Now we like paradise beach as well when we have the kids, the new pool is wonderful, but I don't go to Mexico to swim in a pool, give me blue ocean, palm trees and dos equis and yummy shrimp quesidilla. I hear nachi chocum is nice as well, but again, I don't need a pool and I have no desire to eat and drink $45 worth of food and drinks myself.

I can't wait to go back, would like to try the kayak this time.

Archived