Bring your own Wine?

bepsf

This alternative answer from ask.cunard.com to the question "Can I bring alcohol on board for consumption?" states "There is no restriction to the amount that can be carried on board".

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/before-you-sail/alcohol

So, as is sometimes the case, you can get conflicting answers from the same Cunard web site.

In practice, passengers have reported no problem bringing a "reasonable" amount of alcohol on board.

Regards,

John.

Most interesting...

We typically enjoy bringing an assorted case aboard to enjoy at dinner & on our balconies - I guess we'll chance it!

Thanks!

You should have no problem taking it on board and drinking it on the balcony but if you take a bottle to dinner the corkage charge is about $20

I believe you can but you will pay a corkage fee which probably makes it uneconomicle to do so.
For inexpensive wine (under $25 maybe) it doesn't makes sense to carry on if you plan to bring the bottle into the dining room for dinner. The Cunard label wines have been of good quality at around $30 (I have not tried the new Italian Cunard wines) and less expensive than carrying a comparable quality plus corkage. If you like a higher-end wine (above $50) you'd save money carrying on even after paying corkage.

You can drink wine in your room (or pour a glass and carry it to dinner) without paying corkage.

I've begun carrying on a good bottle of champagne, as the street price for Veuve around here is about half the onboard price.

For inexpensive wine (under $25 maybe) it doesn't makes sense to carry on if you plan to bring the bottle into the dining room for dinner. The Cunard label wines have been of good quality at around $30 (I have not tried the new Italian Cunard wines) and less expensive than carrying a comparable quality plus corkage. If you like a higher-end wine (above $50) you'd save money carrying on even after paying corkage.

You can drink wine in your room (or pour a glass and carry it to dinner) without paying corkage.

I've begun carrying on a good bottle of champagne, as the street price for Veuve around here is about half the onboard price.

Hi Undewatr. I agree with you with one exception: to bring a glass of wine from your cabin to the dining room is not welcome for obvious reasons. Passengers wishing to bring wine on board either consume it in their cabins, or pay the corkage fee in the dining room. And yes, the dining staff will notice, even if they don't make mention of it. -S.

we always take wine on and maybe Gin or something for cabin party etc, last Month, we took on 6 bottles and topped on the ports we stopped in, also picked up gin etc and tonics in a shop next to the ship, no problems at all.

If you want to take wine into a bar or dinner its then corkage at $20 a bottle

We went on the QV in February and I took a box of wine purchased at the airport on board with no problem and enjoyed a glass on the balcony, I also saw some people returning from a day ashore and being allowed to carry a small amount back to the boat.

Not like Royal Carribean we were on during the summer they thoroughly searched all bags and confiscated alchohol and were very strict when returning from a day ashore - even checking someone who was bringing in a carton of milk, I found the attitude insulting.

Will keep to Cunard in future.

Archived