Some Questions on drink cards, luggage, . . etc

Cruising Wonder

Is there any self serve fountain drinks?

With a drink card do I have to order from a bartender? What do I do if I want to have a coke at 2am, what do I do?

Do these drink cards work for room service?

What if I order a Crown and Coke from the bartender, is it cheaper with a drink card?

Can you bring your own non-alcoholic drinks on board? If so how much can I bring on board?

What is the best way to get liquor on board? Delivered to room, or purchased from a bartender?

JUST ANOTHER QUESTION

How much luggage can I bring on board? Does it go by weight or number of bags, and how many items can you have the ship load?

Thanks!

I don't remember a self-serve fountain. I only ordered from bartenders. I think horizon court is open 24/7, not sure about the bars....I was way too sleepy to wake up a 2 am...too much activity during the day.

Doubt the Crown and coke will be cheaper with drink card. But good news is that you can bring your own liquor onboard....just carry it on or bring in your suitcase. And yes you can bring non-alcoholic beverages on board.

Luggage - probably be best to check with your TA or read Princess brochure.

You can only get a drink at the bars. There are no bars that are open 24 hours so there is several early morning hours where you cannot get a soda. I always get a drink before going to bed that way I have it.

The above advise is incorrect you are not allowed to bring your liquor on board. Doesn't mean you can't but it is against the rules and doesn't make any sense since you can order it from room service or buy a bottle at the bar for less than what most people pay at home.

Scott

Correct, no self-serve fountain and no discount on mixed drink with soda card. Also, cards do not work for room service, as those are cans, not fountain. I suppose at 3 am you would have to find an open bar to get free soda, or pay for room service, or open one of the cans you previously stashed in your room fridge.

Princess policy is that you can bring aboard wine, champagne, soda, beer and water, etc. for in-cabin consumption. Any wine or champagne bottles brought to the dining room are to be assessed a corkage fee of $10, although if you also order wine from Princess, many waiters don't assess that.

Princess written policy does not, however, allow hard liquor brought aboard, but as cruise fairy said, many folks smuggle it on. However, many other folks have posted that it is much simpler to buy your bottle onboard (either from room service or the designated "package" bar) at prices comparable if not cheaper than that at home.

Luggage is not limited by cruise lines, but it is by airlines. Usually two or three bags and weight is limited as well, either 50 or 70 pounds. Check with your airline. If not flying, then you can bring what you want. The only limit is that your carryon has to fit through the airport size and style scanner.

Is there any self serve fountain drinks?

With a drink card do I have to order from a bartender? What do I do if I want to have a coke at 2am, what do I do?

Do these drink cards work for room service?

What if I order a Crown and Coke from the bartender, is it cheaper with a drink card?

Can you bring your own non-alcoholic drinks on board? If so how much can I bring on board?

What is the best way to get liquor on board? Delivered to room, or purchased from a bartender?

JUST ANOTHER QUESTION

How much luggage can I bring on board? Does it go by weight or number of bags, and how many items can you have the ship load?

Thanks!

Hi!

You can take soda and water, etc. onboard. We have always put the soda in suitcases. We just stick a luggage tag on cases of water. I'm sure you could do the same with soda. We have boarded with 2 cases of water and 2 cases of soda, (we were going b2b.)

Princess has no specific rule for how much luggage. We drive to Port so we don't try to limit our luggage. We usually have 5 or 6 bags that we check in (plus our water). Then we roll a couple of carry ons. So you can see that we take a lot of luggage! :D

Hi!

You can take soda and water, etc. onboard. We have always put the soda in suitcases. We just stick a luggage tag on cases of water. I'm sure you could do the same with soda. We have boarded with 2 cases of water and 2 cases of soda, (we were going b2b.)

Princess has no specific rule for how much luggage. We drive to Port so we don't try to limit our luggage. We usually have 5 or 6 bags that we check in (plus our water). Then we roll a couple of carry ons. So you can see that we take a lot of luggage! :D

I am sooooo jealous. You can bring all the luggage you want?:eek: Even if we did drive to the port my DH would never allow me to bring what I want. I'm probably better off, 'cause the unpacking would be horrendous.

I am sooooo jealous. You can bring all the luggage you want?:eek: Even if we did drive to the port my DH would never allow me to bring what I want. I'm probably better off, 'cause the unpacking would be horrendous.

Hi!

We have the unpacking down pat! DH helps me and it takes us about 15 minutes or less. He appreciates that we always have all the things we want!! I don't know what I'll do when we have to fly to a Port!! I'll have to totally re-organize my cruise life!! :D

Princess written policy does not, however, allow hard liquor brought aboard, but as cruise fairy said, many folks smuggle it on. However, many other folks have posted that it is much simpler to buy your bottle onboard (either from room service or the designated "package" bar) at prices comparable if not cheaper than that at home.

What is the designated "package" bar?

I read in one of the above strings that you can bring beer on-board as well as sodas and water. Beer? Are you sure? I thought all alcohol was prohibited. Someone please let me know, because I don't want to have to leave a couple cases of beer at the dock.

I read in one of the above strings that you can bring beer on-board as well as sodas and water. Beer? Are you sure? I thought all alcohol was prohibited. Someone please let me know, because I don't want to have to leave a couple cases of beer at the dock.

I've seen dozen of folks carry on beer, soda, boxed wine, and water. Heard of others packing their liquor, vodka, rum, whatever. At this point Princess does not go through your luggage, although I understand NCL does engage in this practice.

My DH and I both bought a coke card and the insulated cup. But is better not to buy the cup, hardly anything goes it in once they put in the ice. Just go to the bar, flash your sticker and the bartender will give you a soda.

I know that next cruise we will be bringing on our own soda...we are Pepsi product drinkers, cruise only has Coke products.

What is the designated "package" bar?

It depends on the class of ship. On the Grand class ships you can get it at the lower lobby bar and the bar at the indoor pool. On the Island and Coral you can get it at the lower lobby bar. Not sure about the other classes of ships but i'd guess the lobby bar.

Scott

It depends on the class of ship. On the Grand class ships you can get it at the lower lobby bar and the bar at the indoor pool. On the Island and Coral you can get it at the lower lobby bar. Not sure about the other classes of ships but i'd guess the lobby bar.

Scott

What is the designated Package bar??? Is that the bar that you can buy a bottle of liquor? Like a "Package" store?? :confused:

Thanks!

Totally Addicted,

Yes, there are one or two bars on each ship that can sell you the whole bottle, not just a drink in a glass. So if you want to purchase an entire bottle and take it to your room, you can. It is a couple of dollars cheaper than ordering through room service or in advance through the gift program. Usually the Lobby Bar is one of these designated "package" bars. The other bars cannot sell you the whole bottle, just one drink at a time.

Totally Addicted,

Yes, there are one or two bars on each ship that can sell you the whole bottle, not just a drink in a glass. So if you want to purchase an entire bottle and take it to your room, you can. It is a couple of dollars cheaper than ordering through room service or in advance through the gift program. Usually the Lobby Bar is one of these designated "package" bars. The other bars cannot sell you the whole bottle, just one drink at a time.

Thanks so much for the info!! I can learn something everyday on this site!! :D

Thank you for all your great posts, they are greatly appreciated. We are going on our first cruise and weren't quite sure of how that all worked. I do have one more question I was hoping to get an answer on though. How do you get ice? I know you can ask your cabin steward for it, but if you wanted to get your own, is there ice machines? Just curious as to how you get ice for your room without asking the steward?

Thanks again to everyone!

Thank you for all your great posts, they are greatly appreciated. We are going on our first cruise and weren't quite sure of how that all worked. I do have one more question I was hoping to get an answer on though. How do you get ice? I know you can ask your cabin steward for it, but if you wanted to get your own, is there ice machines? Just curious as to how you get ice for your room without asking the steward?

Thanks again to everyone!

We take a very small cooler but is about 4 times the size of a little plastic ice "bucket" in a hotel. (we put it in our suitcase and fill it with other things as to not take too much space) We put it right on the counter on top of the refrigerator and ask the room steward during our initial meeting to keep it full of ice, we always have lots of ice and never have to think of it again the whole cruise! We do tip a bit his way for taking care of this little extra. Aren't they just wonderful!!! They love to see to it that we are so happy!! Nothing like a cruise!! :D

Archived