Sky for Step Daughters

I was going to get my step daughters a cruise for December and had issues with Carnival having no record of us cruising. (not starting a brand war, I still like them) so we looked at NCL and it looks like its going to be the Sky.

Girls are 21 and 19. This a good ship for them?

4 day may be a little better than the 3 day. If its over Christmas you will have a few more younger kids . Of the 2 lines I would choose NCL (being a Dad of 2).

If it happens to be 12/24 let me know , the wife and I will keep an eye out ;)

Good luck

4 day may be a little better than the 3 day. If its over Christmas you will have a few more younger kids . Of the 2 lines I would choose NCL (being a Dad of 2).

If it happens to be 12/24 let me know , the wife and I will keep an eye out ;)

Good luck

Thanks its a 4 day. Leaves 15th or 17th I think

Yes, I think the 4 day would be great! We did it during spring break last year and found that there was a great mix of passengers of all ages. There was always something going on and the crew was fantastic. We've done both the Sky and the Carnival Imagination 4 day sailings. Between the two, we liked the Imagination's itinerary and enjoyed that cruise, but preferred the decor and crew of the Sky. We're also big fans of Freestyle and preferred that to Carnival's YTD. Enjoy if you do venture over to NCL! :)

(As an aside, Carnival can't seem to find our Imagination cruise, either. I've contacted them twice and after the second time, I was no longer even able to log into my Carnival profile much less check VIFP days. I just gave up since we're not planning anything for a while anyway.)

I was going to get my step daughters a cruise for December and had issues with Carnival having no record of us cruising. (not starting a brand war, I still like them) so we looked at NCL and it looks like its going to be the Sky.

Girls are 21 and 19. This a good ship for them?

I think so. Personal preference time- you can sign a waiver for your 19 year old allowing her to purchase beer and wine while onboard, something CCL doesn't do.

Yes, I think the 4 day would be great! We did it during spring break last year and found that there was a great mix of passengers of all ages. There was always something going on and the crew was fantastic. We've done both the Sky and the Carnival Imagination 4 day sailings. Between the two, we liked the Imagination's itinerary and enjoyed that cruise, but preferred the decor and crew of the Sky. We're also big fans of Freestyle and preferred that to Carnival's YTD. Enjoy if you do venture over to NCL! :)

(As an aside, Carnival can't seem to find our Imagination cruise, either. I've contacted them twice and after the second time, I was no longer even able to log into my Carnival profile much less check VIFP days. I just gave up since we're not planning anything for a while anyway.)

Glad to hear you sailed both Sky and Imagination because We sailed the Imagination in June and had a great time. They have been wanting to cruise again since then. It was between the Destiny 5 day and the Imagination again but glad we looked into Norwegian.

I cant wait to drop them off at the port.

I think so. Personal preference time- you can sign a waiver for your 19 year old allowing her to purchase beer and wine while onboard, something CCL doesn't do.

Well, that's true if OP is going to be with them, if they are alone, not!

I don't think Carnival would have booked them anyway - the 19 year old needs to be in a cabin with someone 25 years or older on Carnival. Carnivals policy:

MINOR GUESTS

Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied by a parent, grandparent or guardian 25 years or older in the same stateroom.

What lucky girls to have such a nice stepmom! The ship should be fine for them.

I'd still call back to Carnival and try to get it straightened out if you've sailed with them before. If you have the ship and sail date they should be able to find it - you sometimes just get the wrong person on the phone that really doesn't want to look back too far.

I took my two college kids last year on the 4 night SKY the week after Christmas--they were 22 and 20--they absolutely loved everything about it. The night life is better than most ships because the age demographic is a bit younger for the shorter cruise. The food was great. We lucked out with weather. The ports are not that great--but they had little interest in that--they jsut wanted the warm weather. (And the thing is--I got to go with them :D)

I don't think Carnival would have booked them anyway - the 19 year old needs to be in a cabin with someone 25 years or older on Carnival. Carnivals policy:

MINOR GUESTS

Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied by a parent, grandparent or guardian 25 years or older in the same stateroom.

What lucky girls to have such a nice stepmom! The ship should be fine for them.

I'd still call back to Carnival and try to get it straightened out if you've sailed with them before. If you have the ship and sail date they should be able to find it - you sometimes just get the wrong person on the phone that really doesn't want to look back too far.

Thats a weird policy. Oh well, glad we looked into NCL even more.

As far as calling Carnival? I did at least 7 times since they switched of the past guest program to VIFP. I have been told on 4 of those calls that its been fixed. Out of almost a dozen e-mails I was told the same thing in half of them. Everytime I log in, it shows 0 days sailed.

I gave up on them for now. I refuse to have to go out of my way for something they should have easily rectified on their own. I do hope they get it fixed though as I wanted to sail Liberty again.

Archived