Art on O

Gr8Mariner

I took a photo of virtually every painting and most of the sculptures on Riviera this summer, just to remember them (although I neglected to jot down where each one is located). I was told that Oceania is considering publishing a book about the art on-board Riviera and Marina, as well as creating a self-guided iPod art tour. I hope they do...I would have loved to have learned more about my favorite works as well as the pieces I didn't quite understand.

I took a photo of virtually every painting and most of the sculptures on Riviera this summer, just to remember them (although I neglected to jot down where each one is located). I was told that Oceania is considering publishing a book about the art on-board Riviera and Marina, as well as creating a self-guided iPod art tour. I hope they do...I would have loved to have learned more about my favorite works as well as the pieces I didn't quite understand.

Yes I saw a few of those on Marina

I am not an art aficionado so some of it was lost on me ;)

I just know what I like

A booklet would be a wonderful inclusion

Lyn

I started this thread because I'm in the art industry. Among other things, I staged an "Art Festival @ Sea" on HAL, RCI, and Crystal...until Park West vetoed our presence.

I ask this question every few years and the situation has changed considerably. Auction companies have filed for bankruptcy, lost lawsuits, and had their contracts end.

I just wish I could figure out whatthe best way to get exposure for living artists might be.

I started this thread because I'm in the art industry. Among other things, I staged an "Art Festival @ Sea" on HAL, RCI, and Crystal...until Park West vetoed our presence.

I ask this question every few years and the situation has changed considerably. Auction companies have filed for bankruptcy, lost lawsuits, and had their contracts end.

I just wish I could figure out whatthe best way to get exposure for living artists might be.

If you are NOT looking to sell something, perhaps becoming an artist in residence in The Loft on Marina or Riviera, although I have no idea how that works. Would provide exposure and allow you to share your talent with fellow cruisers while enjoying cruising.

The best thing to do would contact the cruise lines directly & ask if they are interested in your service

I do not think people here can help with that

There must be land based venues that would work well for this service as well

Good luck

lyn

Thanks, Lyn...

I have the contacts at the cruise lines but I'm much more interested in the thoughts of passengers.

(I'm not an Artist, but I've brought groups of Artists onboard several times)

I'm not even sure that there is a need to have art for sale onboard...unless it was themed to an itinerary.

thx - jhl

Thanks, Lyn...

I have the contacts at the cruise lines but I'm much more interested in the thoughts of passengers.

thx - jhl

My thoughts

I like looking at art in various mediums but buying ... not so much

I am trying to get rid of a lot of the crap I mean lovely stuff I have ;)

JMO

Lyn

Lyn, I agree with you. I live in Santa Fe and love looking at good art too, but so much in the galleries is what we locals call "coyote" art (poorly crafted, stolen ideas from better artists). And although I haven't sailed any line but Oceania in a while, the art for sale onboard cruise ships that I remember seeing was definitely mostly in the "coyote" category. So why waste space or time aboard for that when there is so much interesting art hung all over the ship to study? Mr. Del Rio definitely has extensive knowledge about art in a variety of categories.

My thoughts

I like looking at art in various mediums but buying ... not so much

I am trying to get rid of a lot of the crap I mean lovely stuff I have ;)

JMO Lyn

LOL

It had been three years since our last Oceania cruise and we had forgotten that there were no art auctions aboard. I am into art in a special way in that I am forever stepping backwards into or tripping over a display easel in the coradors of other ships.

They have works of art all over the ship selected by the CEO

no art auctions ...thank goodness;)

No photographers either

Wonderful that there are no art auctions!

But, absolutely NO PHOTOGRAPHERS ??????????? I certainly hate other lines every single 'off the ship photo', but I admit I would have liked a souvenir photo of hubby and myself on Marina. I guess we can ask someone to take a shot of us with our camera in return for taking their picture if they wish.

Wonderful that there are no art auctions!

But, absolutely NO PHOTOGRAPHERS ???????????

Just ask someone to take your photo ;)

I think they may do photos on the Grand staircase if you ask

I have seen the ship's photographer doing that for some people in the past

But they do not run around taking photos of you at dinner etc...like the other lines

Lyn

Archived