Bus from FCO to city of Rome

nojoke

We are considering taking the Terravision bus from FCO to Rome city center.

It leaves from outside Terminal 3 at the airport. Cost is only 4 euros p.p.

I think our flight arriving from the US uses Terminal 1. Has anyone used this transport in to Rome, and is the trek from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 doable with 1 wheeled suitcase each?

This map may help you get a sense of where you'll be going in the airport. I've walked from T1 to T3 inside (although it doesn't look possible on this map), but I was inside the secure area on the departures level, not on the arrivals level. I'm not sure if you can walk all inside on that level or not.

http://www.adr.it/c/document_library/get_file?uuid=38c8a77b-01dc-44c3-80ba-d27090da3930&groupId=10157

Edited to add:

The departures level map also makes it look like the buildings are not connected, but they are, so odds are you will be able to walk indoors if you want to.

Terravision bus stop is on the far left on the map, togather with SIT bus.

I was thinking taking Terravision bus, after I did a search 'Terravision bus rome horrible', I am not so sure if I want to take Terravision bus.

What is your experience with Terravision bus at FCO airport ?

Terravision bus stop is on the far left on the map, togather with SIT bus.

I was thinking taking Terravision bus, after I did a search 'Terravision bus rome horrible', I am not so sure if I want to take Terravision bus.

What is your experience with Terravision bus at FCO airport ?

I used it in March from FCO to Termini and it was fine. Better and cheaper than taking the train.

If you have 2 or more people, though, and are not staying within walking distance of Termini (or taking the train onward), it is less hassle to take a taxi at the standard rate of 48 euro from the airport into the city center.

thanks for fast response. I only worry about my luggage being stolen when left in luggage compartment.

There's no reason you need to get on the bus before they close the luggage hold, so if you are concerned you can stand there and guard your stuff until they do. If you are traveling with someone else they can get on board and save you a seat while you stand watch.

I used it in March from FCO to Termini and it was fine. Better and cheaper than taking the train.

If you have 2 or more people, though, and are not staying within walking distance of Termini (or taking the train onward), it is less hassle to take a taxi at the standard rate of 48 euro from the airport into the city center.

If you're staying near the other Rome regional train stations, the local regional train is much less expensive that then non-stop Termini train

Archived