LIVE from the Vision of the Seas Sailing 5 Oct 2012

Day 9 - Saturday - Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala

Good Morning Everyone,

We arrive in port at 7 am and the "all aboard" time is 5:30.

We are going on a tour of some sort of a textile factory today, Judith weaves and is really looking forward to it.

I loved this port!! The shopping at the pier was fantastic, beautiful beaded and woven treasures, hand made jewelry, beautiful flowers and very colorful and they were not pushy, if you said "No Thank-You" they thanked you back! :) They had a fashion show of young girls and boys in their native costumes they sewn themselves.

Hope you enjoy your day there!!!

DSC02013.jpg.f45469ce7581d2417e52df18a22e665b.jpg

DSC02020.jpg.eb9ca91baf5f9fb98930064ecc5548c2.jpg

Edited by Arizona Cruz Chic

I loved this port!! The shopping at the pier was fantastic, beautiful beaded and woven treasures, hand made jewelry, beautiful flowers and very colorful and they were not pushy, if you said "No Thank-You" they thanked you back! :) They had a fashion show of young girls and boys in their native costumes they sewn themselves.

Hope you enjoy your day there!!!

Linda .. Feel like I am re-living this cruise. I keep looking back at my pictures .. took over 3000 and narrowed the final album down to 1800 :)

Edited by bigeagle12

I have cruised a lot but never heard of the green flash. Can someone fill me in?

I remember the first time I saw it was below the Cliff house in San Francisco and there was a viewing room down below built by some famous artist.

I just found it The camera obscura it was based on a Davinci desgn

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camera_Obscura_(San_Francisco,_California)

Edited by jonbgd

i have had the privilege to see the green flash many times in Bonaire , it is amazing to see. I do have a pic and will look for it and post :)

Wow, I would love to see a picture of it. I'll make a note to myself to go to Youtube and look and see if there's a video.

I myself have never been able to see the Green Flash, but was told that the sky must be absolutely clear - no? It certainly looked like Trainman's sunset pictures showed high cirrus, but still they saw the Green Flash?

Somebody set me straight, please!:confused:

;) We are sailing on the Vision of the Seas in January on the Caribbean route. 10 days. Very excited!! What perks can we expect for Diamond membership on the Vision?

We have booked an aft cabin. Any info on these? Bigger balconies? Noisy?

I know it's a longer walk to the dining room but I think that may be a plus!

;) We are sailing on the Vision of the Seas in January on the Caribbean route. 10 days. Very excited!! What perks can we expect for Diamond membership on the Vision?

As a Diamond member, you will be invited to a nightly Diamond event, held in one of the lounges. They will serve free house wine and champagne and free soft drinks. Other drinks can be purchased for 25% off. They will also have a Diamond section in the MDR for breakfast. The menu is the same, but you will also be able to get free specialty coffees.

;) We are sailing on the Vision of the Seas in January on the Caribbean route. 10 days.

We had an aft cabin (8588) on the 9/21 TA and LOVED it. Huge balcony with 2 comfy deck chairs, 2 comfy lounge chairs, and a table. The entire back wall of the cabin was glass and we were able to lie in bed and see the sunrise behind the wake. We found that we spent a lot of time there on our balcony, more so than on other cruises. The only "noise" was from the motors, but no more than any cabins toward the aft. You're in for a treat!