LIVE from the Vision of the Seas Sailing 5 Oct 2012

Day 24 - Sunday - 28 October 2012 - At Sea (Heading toward the Panama Canal Transit Tomorrow)

Good Morning Everyone,

I shot this photo from our balcony about 4 am local time this morning. I think we are on Central Time now.

It is of the Moonlight shining through a hole in the low clouds.

IMG_1831.jpg

Edited by Trainman-2

All Aboard time yesterday was 6:30 pm local time.

I think this was the first Sail-Away I have ever had in the dark. Two buses pulled up about 6:25 and unloaded a bunch of tired and happy Excursionistas.

To the best of our knowledge there were no runners...

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1821.jpg

IMG_1814.jpg

We went to the Windjammer last night for dinner and will go there again tonight because tonight is another Formal Night. We arrived at the entrance at the same time everyone else did and the place was jammed up for a bit.

Judith got some salad and I got some Indian Food which was good but really spicy and made my forehead sweat.

IMG_1826.jpg

IMG_1827.jpg

After the initial mob thinned out we went back to the Buffet.

IMG_1828.jpg

They have carved roast pork often in the Windjammer and it is always excellent, but I also tried the Minute Steak and it was surprisingly good! It was cooked to a nice pink inside and very tender.

I have been away for a few days, and just caught up on your wonderful review. It looks like the only problem we are going to have in January is choosing between WJ and MDR !

Thanks so much for doing this, the ship looks great !

You never mention anything about their shows.

Do you not attend??

What does the compass say about entertainment?

Broadway productions, any single acts??

What about the Cruise Director, do you have much knowledge about who he or she is??

What do you have against the MDR that you seem to go to the Windjammer most often?

No talking yet on this cruise about the tipping policy???

Thanks for some answers to the above.

Hey Judith (Jim too) love the pictures of you riding off into the sunset, far away from the no smoking sign over your head. I laughed. Alot. Enjoying your trip coverage, wish we were on board with you. Panama transit tomorrow, don't get in a fist fight with the 'view hogs' along the rail.

Also excited about your upcoming move to the country so you can raise some chickens and other stuff. I think you should start a blog to cover that adventure.

Have fun, we are reading!!!!!

dm

Day 24 - Sunday - 28 October 2012 - At Sea (Heading toward the Panama Canal Transit Tomorrow)

Good Morning Everyone,

I shot this photo from our balcony about 4 am local time this morning. I think we are on Central Time now.

It is of the Moonlight shining through a hole in the low clouds.

IMG_1831.jpg

I love this.....great picture!!

More photos of Punta Arenas yesterday...

Street vendors where everywhere

IMG_1753.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

IMG_1756.jpg

IMG_1754.jpg

In the last two pictures, what is the gentleman preparing, do you know? Just curious.

I am having a great time going along on this B/B with you.

Keep up the great comments.

You never mention anything about their shows.

Do you not attend??

What does the compass say about entertainment?

Broadway productions, any single acts??

What about the Cruise Director, do you have much knowledge about who he or she is??

What do you have against the MDR that you seem to go to the Windjammer most often?

No talking yet on this cruise about the tipping policy???

Thanks for some answers to the above.

Generally we don't go to the shows. After dinner we head back to our cabin and relax on the balcony before bed time. I am 68 and Judith is ?? and we usually are in bed early. I am an early riser and Judith is not. She usually reads long after I go to bed.

The Compasses I have been posting list the shows and tell a bit about the performers. Listening to those who have gone most of them were well liked.

We normally don't care who the Cruise Director is. We entertain ourselves and enjoy watching others participate in the activities on the pool deck. He is listed in the "Faces" sheet I posted up yesterday.

On the first leg of out B-2-B we went to the MDR every night. There is much more variety in the Windjammer at night than in the MDR. Some nights we have gone to the MDR and had the appetizers and visited with our table mates then headed up to the Windjammer. We have dressed up for 3 formal nights so far and tonight is another Formal Night so we will be in the Windjammer again tonight. It is more relaxed.

The wait and cabin staff's primary income is from our tips. That is the way it is!

We always pre-pay the tips as recommended by RCI. On the first 14 night leg we gave our Table Waiter $50 extra and the Assistant $20 Extra. We gave our Cabin attendant $20 extra last time and will probably give him $50 this time. He has really gone out of his way to take care of us.

We both have Coke Packages but we always tip with a US $1 coin on the Pool Deck and in the Windjammer when they bring us a drink. They know me well now and check with me every time they walk by my "command center" here on the pool deck.

Tipping a few hundred dollars extra is peanuts compared to the cost of our cruise. These people have worked hard to please us and "taking care of them" is, in our opinion, the right thing to do.

I have just finished reading the entire thread! Thanks for all the hard work! I love your post's. Love the pics! Wishing I was there. I leave on this ship Dec 3 . My cruising friend SEACAT65 HEIDI has been sailing with you doing the B2B. I saw here in one of the pics you posted. If you see her tell her JUNE BUG says hello!! Safe Travels to everyone!

I think I have gained weight just looking at the pictures of all that food!

JUNE