How important are our CC friends???

LuAnn

I think that some of you know me...and Kenneth...I wanted to share with you how important CC is...with the great friends you "meet and keep" on these boards!!

We were on a Celebrity cruise this past week...a "re-po" cruise from Vancouver to San Diego (our home port)...and Kenneth passed out between Seattle and SF...on a Saturday AM...and then we spent many hours in "sick bay"...that's his term from the Navy...and then disembarked to the #1 hospital in SF...and by Monday late day...he had a pace-maker.!!!

SCARY???? YES!!! But with 2 couples we have become very good friends with...because of CC...they were my "anchor" for this difficult time!!

Just wanted to let you know!!!...that CC means so much to me....and all I know you from these boards...Kenneth is doing well....we are home...and seeing the cardio doc and his PCP on Monday!!!

The bottom line....CC is great..and the friends we meet are just the best!! LuAnn

I think that some of you know me...and Kenneth...I wanted to share with you how important CC is...with the great friends you "meet and keep" on these boards!!

We were on a Celebrity cruise this past week...a "re-po" cruise from Vancouver to San Diego (our home port)...and Kenneth passed out between Seattle and SF...on a Saturday AM...and then we spent many hours in "sick bay"...that's his term from the Navy...and then disembarked to the #1 hospital in SF...and by Monday late day...he had a pace-maker.!!!

SCARY???? YES!!! But with 2 couples we have become very good friends with...because of CC...they were my "anchor" for this difficult time!!

Just wanted to let you know!!!...that CC means so much to me....and all I know you from these boards...Kenneth is doing well....we are home...and seeing the cardio doc and his PCP on Monday!!!

The bottom line....CC is great..and the friends we meet are just the best!! LuAnn

I am so glad that Kenneth is well on the way to recovery..I feel the same way as you..when Stu was in the hospital in Florida and my family was in California, my CC Family took over and made sure I was not alone so many kept me compaany in the hospital and wrote and sent notes..it was a wonderful feeling..

Jancruz1

...and by Monday late day...he had a pace-maker.!!!

Just a little reassurance for the future -- I've been thriving with an implanted defibrillator for the past 8 years since I passed out in 2004 from VFib. Only slowed me down a little -- need that occasional sea day -- but these devices are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Wishing the best for Kenneth -- and you.

LuAnn - as I posted on another topic, it's good to hear that Ken is doing ok...having a partner who is sick is no fun at all (Jody was reminding me yesterday, that when she told her "sick story" Ken was interested in hearing all of the details....

Yes, we are part of your extended family....and wish you and Ken the best....

Keep us posted please.

We haven't met yet but we sure are glad we are going to be able to on the Rome to Rio! Great outcome from a very scarey time... our very best wishes to you both.

Debra & Nick

We will also be on the Rome to Rio and DH has had his pacemaker for several years. It has helped him and no more passing out.

~Doris~

for your well wishes and support!!! As I said...our friends we have met because of CC...are just the BEST!!

I'll post after our visit to the docs tomorrow...but so far...so good!!!

Don...thanks for the heads up about your long term "wellness" with this tiny computer in your chest!!! Amazing what the medical community can provide us these days!! :) LuAnn

for your well wishes and support!!! As I said...our friends we have met because of CC...are just the BEST!!

I'll post after our visit to the docs tomorrow...but so far...so good!!!

Don...thanks for the heads up about your long term "wellness" with this tiny computer in your chest!!! Amazing what the medical community can provide us these days!! :) LuAnn

So glad Kenneth is doing well. I remember how kind you were to me on our first TA on Marina and how welcoming you were to me on my first CC experience with M&G etc. Joanna

Hi, LuAnn - DH and I are going with you on the Infinity cruise to Antarctica in 2014. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and I'm glad things are hopefully under control.

The folks on CC are indeed good and savvy travelers and we feel we know many of them well before we met them, as we found on our last cruise in September. Most of the people in our Roll Call had a great time on independent tours and really took advantage of our aggregated knowledge of the ports. We met other people on the cruise who did not have this advantage and expressed disappointment in the cruise and the ports.

Hi LuAnn,

So sorry to hear about Ken's medical situation on your vacation. Glad to hear the problem was taken care of so quickly - I'm sure you are both looking forward to future cruises without the drama. All good wishes to you both.

Pat & Keith (Solstice - I think)!

Here in Scotland, LuAnn? Yes it is. We've had frost on the ground in the mornings for the last few days. Clear skies which look amazing, but as soon as you step outside, it is freezing!! The little 'frost warning light' in my car has been on a couple of times already and it's only mid-October.

Here in Scotland, LuAnn? Yes it is. We've had frost on the ground in the mornings for the last few days. Clear skies which look amazing, but as soon as you step outside, it is freezing!! The little 'frost warning light' in my car has been on a couple of times already and it's only mid-October.

Hopefully that is not going to a "vision" of the winter!!?? LuAnn

Archived