Private guide for Ushuaia

cruisesusie

We are on the Infinity February 17, 2013 and what I have been reading it looks like we can just get off the ship in Ushuaia and find someone near the port to take us on a private excursion up the Beagle Channel to see Penguins and Sea Lions. That is what My wife and I are going to do

We did a tour of the national park and town in February 2012 with Mario Miraglia (mariomiraglia@hotmail.com). Mario was recommended on this board by another poster and we enjoyed his tour very much.

We also enjoyed a delicious king crab lunch in a restaurant overlooking the harbour (ask Mario) and a short joy flight from Ushuaia Aero Club to view the channel, national park and mountains. The flights was in a four-seater small light aircraft. Maybe not for the faint-hearted.

We are on the Infinity February 17, 2013 and what I have been reading it looks like we can just get off the ship in Ushuaia and find someone near the port to take us on a private excursion up the Beagle Channel to see Penguins and Sea Lions. That is what My wife and I are going to do

When you get off the ship you can book tickets for the sailing of the Beagle Channel. You will be on the same type of catamaran that the excursions use. I highly recommend the catamaran.

Also, when you return this is a very nice town to spend a few hours walking around.

Keith

• 2 months later...

You can just exit the port and find English speaking taxi drivers who will take you around the national park and anywhere else you want to go for a negotiated fee. There are also tour operators with kiosks there if you want to share a bus or van with a group.

Archived