Kids Program Alaska Cruise/9 yr old boy?

pris993

Grandson, 9 year old, going on Grand Princess, Alaska Cruise next summer over 4th of July. He is wondering what Princess' kids program is like. He has been on Carnival and Disney, likes Disney the best, who wouldn't? Has not been on Princess yet.

Since this will be the longest cruise he will be on 10 days out of San Francisco RT, with 2 sea days each way, am wondering if there will be enough going on to entertain him. Figure some of you might know based on your own kids experience.

What can I tell him? Appreciate any feedback.

The children's program is quite good. My son enjoys it and we've done some long cruises (30+ days).

There are organised activities and they usually follow a program which you will receive when you sign up your son on the first day. Such activities are: games, crafts, dances, going out for ice cream, movies, etc. He will be grouped with the 8-12 year olds.

You may want to take him to an adult lecture about Alaska if he would find that interesting. He can also go swimming if it is warm enough; I believe there is a covered pool on the Grand.

There will be plenty to do and I'm certain lots of kids onboard.

Cheers.

You can see the Shockwaves Patters from our cruise to Alaska on the Golden Princess last summer.

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Princess%20Patters/

They are the first 7 images on this page. They are for the 11-12 year olds, but the 8-10 year olds were very similar, and the groups were often combined, especially for the evening activities.

We just took four grandchildren (6, 9, 10 and 11) to Alaska on the Golden. Wow! Not only is there a great kids club but the rest of the staff really seems to enjoy having kids on board. From the room stewards to the restaurant staff they are treated like royalty. I suppose it may have something to do with grooming future cruisers but also a lot of the staff have kids of their own and miss them.

Alaska in itself is a great destination for kids with all the wildlife activities. Kids aren't always into scenery but Alaska is soooo dramatic, even they enjoy it, especially with glaciers calving. Mickey Mouse and Goofy have nothing on Alaska.

Thanks for the feedback folks. I will definitely share your info with my grandson. Sounds like he is in for a real treat. Kids today are so active and on the go all the time, I was not sure, so decided to ask others with kids what their experiences have been. Again appreciate the feedback.

Archived